Close

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't agree with the change to ritualist at all because there is a reason why twilights are not played it is because as of now they are not viable on a high level of play.... I also feel like the nerf to bus was unnecessary because it wasn't that big of a problem imo I mean how many tribal wulven do you see in the top tier of the meta?.... Stardust extractor did need a nerf but he will be missed *Elementalis sulks back down to a low tier *

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    wow, just wow. i cannot believe you did all of this. way to kill the game and go back to extreme stagnation of the meta. you sure you dont want to kill victor and the other hunters too to go back to the DP meta? why not? over the course of 2 years you have killed every decent card, mostly draw cards, in SF except gambit.
    Please don't give them ideas. Please.

The Extractor change is okay IMO. It is now more or less in its original state, but a bit better thanks to the cantrip. Honestly, Elementalis probably would still be a solid Deck. Mr. Ford whose Elementalis really brought upon the Extractor hype was already performing well before the initial buff. But I would expect people to bandwagon and jump ship, when it still will have good potential. But only thing I hate is how Elementals lost their first real and consistent draw engine. Anti-Matter was okay, but was relatively more expensive and costly to use compared to others.

The Vermin nerf has no real impact on its usability at all, and addressed the people's complaints on it.

The Bloodpack Shaman change to prevent it from targeting another Shaman was what I wanted to see for a long time. It's great that his NPE loop has been dealt with before the set was locked down.

Ritualist was unwarranted and pushes tribes too much. There is nothing wrong with a Splashable Tribal card. Such as Rapacious Vermin which is a Ravager, but works great as a tech, which is what Ritualist was.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With card changes coming soon...
    Zal goes back to same build.
    Rush Aramia is dead. (Should have also made flameforged scepter a 3cc along with gauntlets change so Aramia could follow up gauntlets with scepter, or Aramia's SE ability could have been changed to 4 se. The only strong follow up to gauntlet now is a supernova, which is predictable... Even Maj would rather use lightning strike t4)
    Wulven Moonstalker is dead. (Shaman loop was the backbone of deck)
    Elementalis is dead. (Lost it's only strong draw card)
    Prax Wagon is dead. (Lost it's draw card)

The same top decks as before.
    Cards continue to be destroyed in terms of playability then meta goes back to the way it was before.
    Why not just make other cards better to even the playing field?
    Soon, will all the usable cards be non-existent?
    Last edited by Durfs; 09-09-2015 at 02:24 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Durfs: Aramia would probably then go to some other build like Homunculus or Twilight. Rush isn't the only way to play Mage you know.

With the tribal restriction removed, we might see interesting hybrid builds.

Elementalis is still fine. The man who started the Elementalis bandwagon was playing Elementalis before the Extractor buff with decent success. Plus, it's like you are saying the entire card is dead. Last I checked, the other allies that provided some form of draw other than Night Owl were 4cc. It just slows it down a tad.

As for Praxix Wagon, he still has other options such as a basic Bad Santa (I mean, it's a Pure Aggro Deck anyway, so why not?). But like my last statement, he still has access to Extractor, just a turn later.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    wow, just wow. i cannot believe you did all of this. way to kill the game and go back to extreme stagnation of the meta. you sure you dont want to kill victor and the other hunters too to go back to the DP meta? why not? over the course of 2 years you have killed every decent card, mostly draw cards, in SF except gambit.
    That was close. You almost overreacted.

Extractor was an obvious mistake. Bps loop gets ridiculous. Vermin is ridiculous too. Why include tech in your aggro when you can just include more aggro (vermin) to punish the control player and keep stepping on the board with tech on a stick? Imo vermin deserves more nerf than this.

Aramia is the most consistent mage even if played with usual mage tools , with free access to boom, tok, shards, and chainmail to snag board early along with the obvious twilight and homonc tools. She's easily the most versatile hero period. She didn't need her own custom item that is a golden key to 300.

Not sure about the push towards twilight with ritualist but i rarely saw her splashed anyway.
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsahead View Post
    Imo vermin deserves more nerf than this.
    Agree with this. I still feel like I have no choice but to use vermin in any deck that I want item d. It's still just miles better than any other options to me. Rest of changes are fine. I'm sure 2.92 will be a whole lot more balanced than 2.91 anyway.

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bring ritualist back don't force players to do tribes that's really dumb that limits game play and tech which is uncalled for I'm starting a poll now!
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Agree with this. I still feel like I have no choice but to use vermin in any deck that I want item d. It's still just miles better than any other options to me.
    But isn't that the point of good cards? They become staples. Doesn't mean they need to be nerfed more. I think vermin is just fine after this nerf.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Agree with this. I still feel like I have no choice but to use vermin in any deck that I want item d. It's still just miles better than any other options to me. Rest of changes are fine. I'm sure 2.92 will be a whole lot more balanced than 2.91 anyway.
    Maybe bump to 4cc, keep the +2 part
    That balance his human counterpart

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the changes. This is a hit to most T1 Heroes which will now level out the playing field a bit. I think I have seen enough of Rush Aramia and Elementals.