Close

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    that sucks

and they werent that dangerous, sheesh... and it wasnt a TERRIBLE mistake.
    Sometimes I wonder do you actually play at all.

That ffford guy had 430 pub rating with his Elementalis deck. His win rate with it was something like 90-95% in the highest rankings. We played like 15 times and I couldn't beat him even once, even with the decks built specifically to counter his. That's what's known as a BROKEN GAME.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sometimes i wonder if you even realize what you say. his deck has been copied over and over and over and people beat it. "even with decks built specifically to counter his" you can't beat him.

Elementalis isnt broken, A1 Fordfff is.

if you base it being broken against how well you can do against ONE player and not all the elementals out there. that says you are just salty over losing to one person all the time. so you want his decks nerfed.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fordfff was the only Elementalis player I consistently lost to... He was playing Ele 2-3 months before the card change occurred so naturally his practice will make him supreme with the hero.
    It is funny, the only op examples used for extractor are used in context of Fordfff. I have used his exact build and many other players too and could not achieve the win ratio he had because he knows the deck so well and we do not.
    It is safe to say, Ford nerfed Extractor.
    Last edited by Durfs; 09-12-2015 at 04:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think people agreed that 2.90 Extractor needed a buff. Then it was buffed in two ways. Reducing its cost by one AND adding a cantrip. Now BOTH buffs are returned and it is the same as before (basically). I think just removing one buff would have been alright.

Vermin nerf is great it doesn't destroy the card.
    Flameforged Gauntlets is ok I would have rather liked to see 2cc and lower durability but okay :P . Btw I liked the suggestion to adf some durability to those underused 4cc armors
    Ritualist... well ok. Idk like Preybird stated it feels forced.
    Shaman is interesting now.

I don't like that the DT hesitates now to buff cards. It's more of a mistake to leave those Live Together, Die Alone or Amulet of Conjurings etc. In it's current state so no one can even consider to put those in their decks.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    sometimes i wonder if you even realize what you say. his deck has been copied over and over and over and people beat it. "even with decks built specifically to counter his" you can't beat him.

Elementalis isnt broken, A1 Fordfff is.

if you base it being broken against how well you can do against ONE player and not all the elementals out there. that says you are just salty over losing to one person all the time. so you want his decks nerfed.
    He's a good player and a good deck builder, I gladly give credit where it's due, but I've beaten his other decks, he's not invincible.

The point is that if the guy can dominate the game on such a scale, then there is something wrong with the game. Professional sports often change rules to stop certain players from legally exploiting them. Take NBA for instance, over the years many rules were changed to stop the strategies that were too exploitable by some players with certain unusual skill set or not fun for the viewers. So, you got five-second back to the basket violation ("Charles Barkley Rule"), no leg kicking during shot to draw fouls ("Reggie Miller rule"), no palming during dribble ("Allen Iverson Rule"), etc.

The same way, Wolven is now adopting a no quality draw for Elementals rule. A class that has such fine cards should not have a good way to unilaterally draw them fast. If it doesn't make sense to you, well too bad. You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. I'm not going to bother trying to change it.
    Last edited by morbius; 09-12-2015 at 05:29 PM.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis easily the strongest in 2.91 because of stardust not because of fordfff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    I don't like that the DT hesitates now to buff cards. It's more of a mistake to leave those Live Together, Die Alone or Amulet of Conjurings etc. In it's current state so no one can even consider to put those in their decks.
    I used Live Together, Die Alone in my Boris Templar deck and it's sweet. There is also a strong Aramia discard deck that runs Amulet of Conjuring.

But big +1 for that idea to buff durability on underused armours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You're talking specifically about unilateral draw, right? I mean, we added Loom of Fate and Crystal Shards and did not change them once, as far as I can remember. Both can be good sources of cards for you.

When it comes to unilateral draw, we are looking out for situations where the game could be too luck-based and one-sided and we deal with those in the spirit of giving both players an opportunity to have their skills play a part in the game. If a unilateral engine can be played early, we want it to cost you some tempo, which gives the opponent a chance to actually do something. We really do not like games being won quickly on autopilot with a helpless opponent on the other side of the table. Hope that helps!
    Well, it'd not like games don't do that now. Ever played games where one player managed to get all of their draw and the other didn't? Having a good draw engine doesn't change this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    Agreed. Why not just make Amulet of Conjuring say a 2 durability artifact and each activation costs both SE and one durability. Like maybe 2SE and 1 unpreventable damage for 3 cards sounds fair.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 09-12-2015 at 11:40 PM.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Agreed. Why not just make Amulet of Conjuring say a 2 durability artifact and each activation costs both SE and one durability. Like maybe 2SE and 1 unpreventable damage for 3 cards sounds fair.
    We like Amulet where it is now. Sounds like you have an idea for a future card for possibly a different class!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    oh so now we need to nerf cards because of one player, like the NBA? seriously?

and thank you for pointing out how wrong my opinion is because it doesnt match your supreme right opinion morbius.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory