Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Kickstarter for Lost Lands & Bo3 Gametype with Sideboard feature after games 1 and 2

A kickstarter for "Lost Lands" would be a perfect implementation because many players are willing to invest in the game for exclusive rewards like mats and sleeves. In previous circumstances Wulven needed growth financially to carry out their future releases, if money is the main concern for Wulven, the kickstarter will certainly assist just as it did when shattered fates was released.

A bo3 gametype would be a excellent addition to the game, players have been asking for a sideboard feature for millenniums now it seems.
    All that needs to be done to add a sideboard bo3 gametype would be...
    1. After game 1 is finished, (instead of exiting the game and having each player brought back to the screen to find a new opponent) each player is sent to a screen similar to the screen for deck editing.
    2. This screen would have the player's deck above and 10-15 cards used for sidedecking below (just like the deck building screen where possible cards are below and deck cards are above). Each player would click and drag the cards to be taken out from there deck and move to the sidedeck below, and then add cards from sidedeck below to deck. The number of cards in the deck would have to stay the same or the player would not be allowed to continue to game 2. Ex. If I have 40 cards in my deck and 15 cards in my sidedeck, I take out 3 cards from my deck and add 3 cards from my sidedeck. I cannot add 4 cards from my sidedeck or else I would then have 41 cards in deck and deck count is required to remain the same.
    3. After each player has finished sidedecking, they press a button that would be placed at the lower right or left side of the screen (similar to the refresh button at the button left of challenge screen) which would signal that he/she is ready to play. The button can say "Finished Sidedecking" or "Ready". After both players have pressed this button game 2 begins.
    The same 3 steps would be applied after game 2 is finished if players go into a game 3.

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas anyone?
    Shadow Era players, do you want to see this features in the game?

-RS Durfs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd rather avoid using kickstarter for LL. In fact, I think its just this months preorder for LL? The best way to help the game's revenue is to purchase SC rather than setting up some kind of kickstarter/crowd funding event as its essentially there for the same thing but you don't have a third party that takes part of the proceeds.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    I'd rather avoid using kickstarter for LL. In fact, I think its just this months preorder for LL? The best way to help the game's revenue is to purchase SC rather than setting up some kind of kickstarter/crowd funding event as its essentially there for the same thing but you don't have a third party that takes part of the proceeds.
    Purchase SC from within the app or buy into the LL preorder from the official store: http://www.shadowera.com/store

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    As for sideboard feature, I think it would be a nice optional feature of tournaments in-game. When they are up and running, we can find out who wants sideboard feature or not.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At this point, I dont think it would be smart to do another kickstarter, and I think kyle knows that since he already said that there wont be one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. I purchased the pre-order for Lost Lands so that is a similar assistance in furthering the game, had I known a portion of the cash went to another third party website I would not have suggested it. Sounds exactly like Ebay and the 10% fees that accumulate a grotesque amount of money.

2. Many players desire a sideboard feature for the competitive scene! Just today a number of players on Telegram agreed that a sideboard option has the potential to expand SE in terms of deck building, competition, larger card pool (Underused cards now find value in the sideboard), etc.
    Last edited by Durfs; 09-08-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quoting Durf, lot of players in telegram chatroom desire a BO3 system with sideboard. I think this game kinda needs a well made tournament feature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We "just" had a Kickstarter. And we're still waiting for almost any part of it so only noobs are willing to invest in the game for exclusive rewards like mats and sleeves. Nobody who loves this game wants another Kickstarter.