Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Twisted Familiar: My Ideas

Twisted Familiar:

1/3 Shadow Ally
    When an opposing Hero or Ally deals Ability damage to Twisted Familiar, they take 1 damage
    0 Resource: 2 used resources are renewed and Twisted Familiar is killed at the end of the turn.

Ive been testing Twisted Familiar out for a while now and here are someone of my opinions:

Pros:
    1. Decent for t2 drop with 1/3 Ally the deals 1 damage back if dealt ability damage.
    2. Allows for a "jump" e.g. t2 cast Twisted Familiar t3 play another t2 ally like karash and use TF eff and play another t2 card or a 3 cost card,then attack with TF for 1 before it dies
    3. For a sudden "jump" I sometimes wait til t4 b4 using TF by: T4 play second TF use current on board TF and attack with it. Now you have 4 resources left to use.

Cons:
    1. Not really a major jump :/ would have been better if it was a 2/3 ally? But 1 damage extra not a lot but comboed with karash and other low cost allies its rather amazing.
    2. 1 damage back if dealt ability damage....the opponent didn't feel a thing, but still extra damage.
    3. Best used for spamming allies but the swarm can be taken down by mages...priests...elementals...and hunters(sorta with soul seeker)

What do u guys think? I'm really interested in finding a way to effectively use this card and I think it might work
    Last edited by Darel097; 09-04-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I looked through the other ideas on the forums that use Raika and Portal to actually get an otk. I didn't really like the concept. Especially since its situational to sometimes pull of a really large combo off with TF I tried TFwith Praxix and splashed a few Rotlings in since Praxix mill= Food for Rotlings. And TF reuse of resources helps to throw Rotlings and other 2-4 cost allies. I do have a deck that I have tested a few times over the last few weeks. Maybe I should post it if this gets enough notice.
    Last edited by Darel097; 09-04-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I use this pip quite a bit for some of my hunters. Banebow benefits the most from a suicide card. See, hunters have an armor that gives draw for own allies dying, and an attachment that gives resources for it. So how would you capitalize on suicide? Add allies who benefit too. Ogloth and arachnid love this familiar. I've tried other heros, but hunters are the ones I've found to love him the best

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too late to change anything. My only issue with him is he seems like he should be a homunculus and he's not.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Too late to change anything. My only issue with him is he seems like he should be a homunculus and he's not.
    As far as I can see, no one was pitching to change the card - just ideas on how to make him work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Woops...sorry I am out of it. Ignore.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!