Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Discard-theme Allies

Some ideas to "help" the discard theme.

Metamorphic Cocoon
    2cc - Neutral Ally - Homunculus
    1 attack (electric) / 3 health

0SE: Target friendly ally gains +1 base attack and Metamorphic Cocoon loses 1 base attack.
    Once per turn, if a card is discarded, Metamorphic Cocoon gains +1 base attack.

Raging Bull
    3cc - Neutral Ally
    2 attack (claw) / 5 health

If Raging Bull is targeted by an ability, that player discards a card from their deck.

Card explanation:
    I made both cards Neutral in order to allow synergy for both factions with the discard theme. However, this could be changed if it fits more one faction.

Metamorphic Cocoon is aimed to be a cheap ally that can grow fast if it's not treated early on. Although it would still be easy to kill due to low health, boosting its attack for subsequent turns could become a big threat. Abilities that can boost its health can alleviate the problem above, see Ele's ability, Life Infusion, Aeon's or Tala's boost. And protector could hide it pretty good. Also, being a homunculus means that it has access to all these nice attack or health boost inside the tribe. Electrical type of attack was just fitted imo, but it has nothing to do with further combos.
    Its active ability can also have synergy with Aldmor allies and act as a control for its attack to activate the 2nd ally (see below). However, this ability means that crippling this ally will not prevent it from boosting the attack of another ally!

Raging Bull seems to be a mediocre ally, similar to many existed ones, without any beneficial ability for the current turn. At least by looking it the first time! Discarding a card when it is targeted either by hero/ally ability or a card-type ability could become useful for a couple of strategies. First, to "mill" or starve your opponent by forcing him to discard his/her own cards (see Praxix). Or secondly by discarding your own cards if that's your strategy, eg Elementals with Brimstone or Reactorary.
    These two cards synergize well since you can target Bull with Cocoon's ability and boost Bull's attack while Cocoon doesn't lose any! However, you discard a card each time..

Let me know what you think, if you find the cards good or not useful/underpowered.
    I apologize if similar ideas have been posted earlier, that wasn't intentional. Please let me know about such instances and I will remove the card(s) in conflict
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Metamorphic Cocoon seems like Aetherborn Wisp, except worse in a lot of ways.

As for Raging Bull... I can't see situations where this card would be good. Your opponent will take the mill one every time and it won't have any effect on their strategy. I probably don't want to run the card because even if the mill one doesn't particularly do anything, I might as well not take the variance and run something better.

If I wanted to run it with Reactorary or Brimstone, I would need this card to either mill at least 2, maybe even 3 or I would need ways to get specific cards from my hand or deck to the top of my deck without losing cards. Neither of those options seem particularly worth it right now considering the quality of cards I would need to play in order to get anything out of Raging Bull.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your feedback.

Cocoon is a bit different than Wisp because the discard doesn't have to be done from your hand. Hand discard os very limited in SE so far, so triggering Wisp's ability is very situational. Maybe even regarding that is still underpowered.

About Raging Bull, if you change its ability to: " If Raging Bull is targeted by an ability, that player discards a card from their deck and you draw a card."
    Would it be balanced and useful now?
    Greatness, Reborn

BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why have the mill effect there to begin with if its focus shifts from milling to something entirely different? It's decent with Vess but that's about it and I don't know if that's good enough. Could be.

As for the Cocoon, it's not even that hand discard is uncommon, it's that the Cocoon will be behind the curve every turn in the best scenario. Sure, you can give an attack point somewhere every turn but in that case I would vastly prefer a 0/5 over a 1/3.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The cocoon thing is very similar to an idea I had in my ideas thread here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=35330

It's the first one I came up with. Great minds think alike
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    The cocoon thing is very similar to an idea I had in my ideas thread here: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=35330

It's the first one I came up with. Great minds think alike
    Oh right, maybe I got influenced from your idea without being aware of that. Because I am sure I read your ideas when you posted them, so they could still have been in my head when I thought of this! Sorry for that, it was not intentional
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    As for the Cocoon, it's not even that hand discard is uncommon, it's that the Cocoon will be behind the curve every turn in the best scenario. Sure, you can give an attack point somewhere every turn but in that case I would vastly prefer a 0/5 over a 1/3.
    My intention was to give Cocoon +1 attack if there is a discard in either your or your opponent's turn. I think it will work like that under this wording, I've tried to use a similar description as Golem. So the best case scenario would be to have a Cocoon with +2 attack in every turn of yours.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    Oh right, maybe I got influenced from your idea without being aware of that. Because I am sure I read your ideas when you posted them, so they could still have been in my head when I thought of this! Sorry for that, it was not intentional
    No need for apologies bro, I think it's cool
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn