Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Global stuck games ended in Defeat!

One good side-effect of the Global chat is it puts another nail in the coffin of the "it's just your connection" response to Defeat bugs.

A few minutes ago, a whole bunch of games got stuck, simultaneously, while we still had access to Global Chat. We waited (im)patiently for our opponents to time out, and were given the loss.

I had a PC pinging game.shadowera.com while I was playing on iOS, and there was no interruption in my service. I'm not sure why Wulven's server lost track of us and timed us out, but we were clearly still connected all the way to you....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The server has been crap lately.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It happens oh so often nowadays I just shrug and consider it's one of such giveaways to the lucky opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. The server should not be losing track of players who are still connected and in the middle of a game.
    2. Even if there is a transient server glitch, it should be possible to reconnect.
    3. Even if the transient glitch were client-side, reconnection should occur.
    4. Given all of the above, when the server experiences a whole lot of simultaneous inability to find one or both players in ongoing matches, shouldn't it call the games draws?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian