Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Starval's 1,000th Post (and some PFG notes)

That's right. I'm making a thread for my 1,000th post. It may not sound like a lot but, as you can see from my join date, I don't post that much so who knows how long it'll be until my 2,000th post. For those that don't know me very well, and there aren't that many that do, I'll give a small introduction about myself.

My name is Jonathan. I have three younger brothers and have been with my girlfriend Tracy for almost 5 years now. I work as a Systems Engineer so I spend a lot of time on the computer. As a Systems Engineer I work primarily on design projects, servers, storage, networking gear, and virtual environments. It pays the bills! I live in Rhode Island and make the far trek to Massachusetts on Sundays to spend time with my dad. It's actually only about 20 minutes from me so really not that far. Occasionally my girlfriend and I will travel to northern New Hampshire to visit my grandfather or northern Maine to visit her father. Those trips are about 4 hours so not as close as my dad's house.

That's enough of an introduction so I think we can delve onto the Shadow Era side. Many things have changed since I first started playing back in 1.23. At that point, I was only playing very sporadically and I really got into it in 1.26. After a while with that, I applied to Team Juggernauts and that's the only SE guild I've ever been in since! Don't bother reading that thread tho. If you want a really good read, check out this for some trash talking by Gondorian! :-)

Today, the game is a lot closer to balanced than it was when I first started playing despite what the meta shows. Believe me, it's a lot better than just Logan and Eladwen! After much thought while playing in SF and from my previous test server experiences in DP, I applied and joined the Players' Focus Group for the upcoming new expansion, Lost Lands. We've been working hard since it started to make the set as fun and balanced as we can especially with the new Locations. This has been quite a challenge for us since there is no precedent for them in Shadow Era to go by. Back in mid-July, Gondorian handed me the reigns to lead PFG4. It's a great group of players and a great environment we're working in.

When the PFG first started up, we only had the web client to work with. Now with the advent of the desktop clients, Android client, and the iOS testflight client, it's much easier to play and be involved in the testing process of Lost Lands! Very soon(tm), I expect Gondorian will make an announcement re-opening the doors for PFG applications as we get nearer to the start of testing Lost Lands: Part 2. Currently, we typically try to hold at least a few pop-up tournaments per week as well as individual matches between players in either QM or custom. This is probably what a normal player puts into their live account. So, yes, that means being in PFG would likely cut down on some live playing time should you join. This is why the application thread that I linked earlier asks about your available time as well as your timezone. Please keep this in mind should you decide to apply for PFG.

Thanks for reading my post! I look forward to leading PFG4 the rest of the way through Lost Lands and helping make this the most exciting and fun expansion that we can.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congratulations my fellow Juggernaut and good friend. It has been great having you around helping me try to make the perfect Zhanna. Look forward to the next 1,000 posts!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    Congratulations my fellow Juggernaut and good friend. It has been great having you around helping me try to make the perfect Zhanna. Look forward to the next 1,000 posts!
    The quest never ends man!

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats on the milestone Starval!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congrats on 1k buddy! Don't worry, being in charge of something around here usually results in a lot higher post counts (see Gondorian.... even though his defy logic :P).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys!

I think you're right Demnchi. Half of those posts are probably just from PFG the past 7 months :-)

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Making TJ proud! Gj bud. Excited for sine fresh blood in pfg too!
    Proud Member of Team Juggernauts

Top 8 finish in WC 2017
    2nd place finish in WC 2016
    10th place finish in WC 2015
    Top 32 finish in WC 2014

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Only 1000? Try taking part in the related game sometime man
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Only 1000? Try taking part in the related game sometime man
    That's like cheating tho. hah

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    That's like cheating tho. hah
    Almost as bad as gondorians secret threads where he has a spam bot posting
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.