Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Faults in the digital game

The term 'bug' seems to be used on these forums to refer to card interaction problems. Sometime programming faults in the game that don't relate to specific cards seem to be overlooked. We get used to them til we don't even see them anymore. They don't make it onto any list, and may take years to be addressed.

i propose we use this thread to document glitches, problems, lack-of-polish, whatever that we see that aren't related to the cards or the standard order of operations or what have you.

Click-through problems.
    throughout the game, I see places where clicking on a foreground item results also in the selection of something in the background. Most other programs never exhibit this behavior, but Shadow Era seems to do it all the time. One example: click on 'save' in the deckbuilder, and while you will get the save deck overlay, you will also see whichever card was behind the save button become selected.

So-and-so has disconnected.
    you can see this message while playing, but you also see it when watching replays, and you get it at the end of a losing game before you have seen your opponent's final play. Could the text be replaced by something less intrusive, like status lights? Could they be a bit smarter so small hiccups don't result in long delays?

Isnt there a way for the server to know which accounts are logged in similar to AOL instant messenger or what-have-you, that would obviate the chicken-sh!t business where someone can force-close their app and log back in and start a new game, while the Victor must wait three to five minutes to avoid a loss? This is especially annoying in Meltdown: losers get to play more games than winners, just by punting.

Global chat feast or famine.
    It often appears that nothing is happening on Global Chat, but if you type something into the chat bar and click 'submit' you'll see dozens of messages appear all at once. At other times Chat will say there are fifty- or seventy-odd messages, but when you open the chat pane you are shown zero, or perhaps one to three messages. What happened to the rest?

Server problems

Please add to this list so we can keep track. Perhaps they might be corrected someday soon.
    Last edited by a player; 08-26-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    on mobile device, in a match, if I click on a card there's often this lag before it'll let me cast/target/etc. Not a big deal though.

Sometimes I'm waiting on what seems like a long time during opponent's turn and then it all of a sudden says they have re-connected ("rejoined") the game...but it never said they were disconnected in the first place. Other times, it'll tell me they've disconnected and the clock starts ticking...

On iOS, still have problem where if it says Waiting for Opponent and I exit it, it'll end up showing me in a match where on the QM screen but I can't do anything because it says match in progress. I thought this was supposedly fixed earlier. (Yes, I'm on an updated version).

...And finally, the damn front-desk receptionist at my office needs to stop browsing the Internet all day at work and do her job. But my hypocrisy only goes so far because I play Shadow Era at work myself. And this is not SE related....so nevermind

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    - Menu icons and buttons are now inconsistent (not all of them have been updated to the latest style)
    - iOS menu includes an "exit" button which basically crashes the app (rather than using the home button to exit)
    - inconsistent placement of menu button on different screens
    - not all areas accessible through menu (e.g. Mail)
    - cannot access menu when contacting server
    - "loading" message pops up during games
    - targeting lines in game do not always work
    - no search function in deck-builder (like in merchant) (i'd love an advanced filter by card type / cost / damage type etc.)
    - "burning embers" videos no longer show up (intentional?)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    group chat and game chat are not integrated / consistent in design or use

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by trevorJacobs View Post
    - "burning embers" videos no longer show up (intentional?)
    Burning embers stops showing if you have more than 100 crystals in your account. It's intentional to stop people stockpiling.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    Burning embers stops showing if you have more than 100 crystals in your account. It's intentional to stop people stockpiling.
    Lately, even on an account with few SC, the videos don't play. I can click on the brazier, but I just get a black screen with a button that says 'OK' but no shadow crystals.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Lately, even on an account with few SC, the videos don't play. I can click on the brazier, but I just get a black screen with a button that says 'OK' but no shadow crystals.
    That one does sound like a bug
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn