Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAngel View Post
    Late game if your Darkclaw has Speedstrike attached with 6 to 8 Shadow Energy as soon as you play down Lythian Sledgehammer you should be able to deliver 16 damage (maybe more) directly to your opponent's hero.
    Hi, thanks for the write-up. Could you help a newbie that is puzzled by something though? How does the 6-8 SE equate to such high damage in the above example? I was under the impression that SE can only be triggered once in a turn, or are you saying it stacks off multiple triggers? Wouldn't Lythian Sledgehammer give two damage, plus two from the SE buff then attacking twice with Speedstrike?

It seemed to me that in the game client it was only letting me buff +2 from the SE ability once, despite having nine saved up...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAntsAreBack View Post
    Hi, thanks for the write-up. Could you help a newbie that is puzzled by something though? How does the 6-8 SE equate to such high damage in the above example? I was under the impression that SE can only be triggered once in a turn, or are you saying it stacks off multiple triggers? Wouldn't Lythian Sledgehammer give two damage, plus two from the SE buff then attacking twice with Speedstrike?

It seemed to me that in the game client it was only letting me buff +2 from the SE ability once, despite having nine saved up...
    He means damage overall. 8 damage per turn for 2 turns equates to 16 damage, 20 if able to use Sledgehammer's last durability.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah I see. Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I quit this game when SF came out ( my friends quit D and come back recently, so many "balance" card release. I'm not really a newbie but I don't play often so not a pro nether.
    I play a couple games with this deck (28 games) and go from 0 to 266 rating (7197 points).
    Can you help me with the aramia, arcane threbin, elementalis and serena matchup? Aramia and elementalis can just constantly flood the board and keep buffing threats. Threbin can outdamage me and serena is just a huge pain with ST and stealing cards.
    I notice all of them have unfair draw advantage that this deck have no way to deal with, and no way to outdraw them (aramia with her free, out-of-no-where draw engines, elementalis with Antimatter, serena with her stealing dagger and IGG, threbin with his arcane book). I can't even touch threbin book and aramia draw engine with Acid Jet because they are items, not armor or weapon (nice job balancing this game, wulven) and they are almost impossible to beat.
    I think add 1 or 2 Dawn Raid/Shriek may solve the problem, but aramia draw engine can be summon without having it on her hand and already regenerate a lot of draw advantage for her in early stage of the game when you can't control the board and maintain it. You can't just deal with both items and beffy allies. Her ability costs only 3se is pretty much a middle finger to your face if you dare destroy them, which hurts you more than helps.
    Threbin can proc his book easily and it's so cheap that he can just drawing while control his board and dealing damage, and it's hurt while kicking his butt too. What is the point of ambush while you can damage and even KILL them with ping damage before combat even happens. His ability counter pretty much every solo/weapon reliant deck. Very fair game mechanic with so much skill invovled in here.
    Why do you choose Dread Wolf over DMT? The atk with haste is just 1( maybe 2 if buffed with Krygon) but DMT can do the same thing with his ability. Crippling blow or any similar atk reduction is useless against DMT, and he can ping through stealth/armor/retaliate/threbin ability. Dread Wolf may out-growth DMT, but it's only after 3 or 4 turns if he can atk, which is very hard. Or he can be more useful to ping weapon/armor duration, but you already have Acid Jet and WBT for that. Pinging them is like your last resort anyway.
    Finally, aramia and threbin is almost impossible to win, I heard higher rating ppl abuse them a lot. Decks with fatties and cheap draw give me a hard time. Tricky to play but overall this is good deck to have fun with darkclaw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not trying to be a smartass here, but how is this better than solo-Darkclaw that also uses Sledgehammer?

Of course I see certain advantages to low-cost allies particularly hasted ones,....but you're giving up having any healing abilities whatsoever (Regen/Lonewolf/FM).....which therefore results in Mages being a tough match-up when it should be one of the easier matches. And this deck doesn't have as many options early/mid game for "stall" without FM or rain delays...(but I guess in a way, your allies can be the stall)...