Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Correct!

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The whole 'exile =/= removed from the game' deifnition is very awkward. First of all, the two terms have the exact same game mechanics. Second of all, some card texts have "... exiled (removed from the game)...", suggesting that these two terms describe the same game mechanic.
    I assume you made this distinguishment to keep cards like Soul Reaper from being OP in combination with Void Wretch?
    I would suggest changing the wording on Void Wretch instead of making a distinguishment between "exiled" and "removed from the game". Change it to something like "When a card is targeted and exiled...", just like you did for Lingering Essence to keep Mass Purification from being OP.

Other than that, very interesting new cards!
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    The whole 'exile =/= removed from the game' deifnition is very awkward. First of all, the two terms have the exact same game mechanics. Second of all, some card texts have "... exiled (removed from the game)...", suggesting that these two terms describe the same game mechanic.
    I assume you made this distinguishment to keep cards like Soul Reaper from being OP in combination with Void Wretch?
    I would suggest changing the wording on Void Wretch instead of making a distinguishment between "exiled" and "removed from the game". Change it to something like "When a card is targeted and exiled...", just like you did for Lingering Essence to keep Mass Purification from being OP.

Other than that, very interesting new cards!
    I had to go back to the article and read it through again.

That's fucking dumb. I don't really know what else to say. "Yeah, let's make exiling things deal damage!" -> "Yeah, let's make the most would-be relevant thing with this mechanic not work!"

...What? I mean I kinda get that Soul Reaper dealing 10 and healing 20 is strong but that would require 10 allies in your bin so it's not exactly easy to set up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    ...What? I mean I kinda get that Soul Reaper dealing 10 and healing 20 is strong but that would require 10 allies in your bin so it's not exactly easy to set up.
    Not easy, but fairly common as far as scenarios go...I agree that the distinction between removed from game and exiled seems arbitrary and silly, but it's either that, not have the card at all, or completely break soul reaper.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Imo based on Void Wretch's wording I would imagine that Soul Reaper would deal only 1 damage regardless the number of allies. It doesn't say for each card, so it looks to me that 1 dmg refers to one move as a whole.
    Or if it is not like that, it could be changed to work like that and keep the wording consistency..
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I had to go back to the article and read it through again.

That's fucking dumb. I don't really know what else to say. "Yeah, let's make exiling things deal damage!" -> "Yeah, let's make the most would-be relevant thing with this mechanic not work!"

Can you imagine a deck like that though? Dump as many allies as you can then play super cheap Wretches and OTK with Soul Reaper? Depending on the variety of Locations, this can conceivably be done by turn 8 or so.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Can you imagine a deck like that though? Dump as many allies as you can then play super cheap Wretches and OTK with Soul Reaper? Depending on the variety of Locations, this can conceivably be done by turn 8 or so.
    yup seems doable with the right allies in a praxix deck...
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Yes and it seems quite cool as a concept. Whether or not it's too strong is another thing entirely but as a concept, I can imagine that being fun to play with.

From a mechanical standpoint, I would rather have the Wretch not be in the game and have strong mechanics without too many exceptions and conditions. Right now, if we assume that this will stay as is, we will have two game zones that are not shown in-game: Exile and Removed from Game.

Then again, if Exile is a game-zone, and it's different from Removed from Game, maybe we can get some things that exploit the exile zone. That could be worth considering.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Triggering off exiled requires it to be an actual exile.

Stealth means can't be attacked yet does Wulven Predator bypass Valiant Defender? No. In SE, we can have more than one hook that goes to ultimately the same effect and that's a good thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Triggering off exiled requires it to be an actual exile.

Stealth means can't be attacked yet does Wulven Predator bypass Valiant Defender? No. In SE, we can have more than one hook that goes to ultimately the same effect and that's a good thing.
    Maybe it's a good thing depending on the side that you are looking at it. For the new players, even for some old, this is very confusing. Like Eleanor's ability is not stealth. My understanding of the keywords, and for many others I presume, is that they are used to shorten certain descriptions and behaviors in game. Making similar behaviors by not using the keywords doesn't make it different at least in our minds..
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO