Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Card art that had been cached is lost or forgotten

I'm going to upload the images via DropBox later, but here's my report:
    i played some rated and unrated Matches, then went back into Deck. All the cards in my deck were displayed as backs. Selecting a card or scrolling through the deck revealed no change. Ditto for simply waiting. I went back to World, then right back into the deckbuilder and saw my cards being re populated with correct images.
    image.jpg image.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tk038axccf70q17/image.jpg

I opened some Shattered Fates packs and there was a hole in the set where a card back should have been displayed. Waiting did nothing to help, so flip each card to view. I still don't know what the missing card was, or if I even received it. This happened again, and I clicked Reveal, but the missing card stayed gone.

Afterwards, the artwork for SF Boosters (and quantity), and for Foil Pack Boosters were replaced by card backs. The art had been there minutes earlier, when I opened some.

I exited, put the program away, restarted iOS, relaunched SF Beta, cleared cache, loaded 1,379 images, and entered the deckbuilder. I could see my set being repopulated as I scrolled around.

Thirteen-hundred sounds like rather too many images, even if there were foils of every DP card and its alternate art. Perhaps the gray beta 'art' is still being loaded as well?

Why isn't the cache of art retained? Does iOS dynamically discard it? I want to say this a memory-management issue with the game, as these things happen across all platforms and shouldn't recur if due to a network problem. Once the art is on my iPad, I shouldn't send for a copy from Wulven's server unless caching has failed.
    Last edited by a player; 08-11-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Happens on Android too but it eventually loads.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wonder what cache sizes the game provides on the various platforms? Why aren't the graphics that are required for things like pack purchases loaded and retained separately from the card art, and that separately from one's own deck?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    iOS had an issue where the cache is capped, so if it loaded too many, it cause the game to crash. Maybe it has something to do with how they fixed it
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn