Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mages being op

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Spelleater Bands Serena usually does the trick. If they do carry Ley Line Nexus, chances are they will use it on your weapons early on.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Use Gwen. My Gwen deck roasts all mages
    Question everything but be open to anything

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started using Gwen again when I ran into a lot of aramias. Haven't lost to a mage since the release of shattered fates

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by hatedkid View Post
    I started using Gwen again when I ran into a lot of aramias. Haven't lost to a mage since the release of shattered fates
    Can I have your deck list?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NigerianSwagger View Post
    Can I have your deck list?
    Abilities
    4 cof
    4 hunters gambit
    4 into the forest
    4 rapid fire
    2 vision of endia or 2 perfect shot(endia+cof synergy, perfect shot+hunters gambit synergy)
    2 poor quality
    1-2 aimed shot
    2 word of the prophet
    2 retreat
    2-3 bad santa

Items/weapons
    2 aldmor accelerator
    4 weevil tipped bow
    1 feathered longbow
    3 soul seeker
    1 grundlers double
    1 night prowler

This deck can be extremely effective BUT it's all about knowing your match ups and using each tool prudently, especially into the forest(Gwen lives and dies by this card, I realize it looks like a tempting sacrifice but I would strongly urge against sacking any of these never more than one if you do)
    Tough match ups - elementalis, Serena

Eats mages for breakfast+ stealing a mage's cards with night Prowler is probably the most gratifying thing I've experienced in this game

let me know if you have any questions or comments
    Enjoy!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One last thing about match ups
    It is important to know which heroes are able to remove your rapid fire(which most can now) so I usually save 1 rapid fire just in case
    Rapid fire is this decks win condition and is nearly impossible to win without

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NigerianSwagger View Post
    At this stage it's actually annoying me how I can't beat a Mage deck! There cards are so over powered it's bs at this stage!
    4novas and 2fireballs is enough to kill any hero they can also direct the damage to any aye if their choice
    2. "transmorphic mirror" or what ever it is that turns an ally into an artifact is also bs ! Especially with all the other direct damage they can do! Elemental is puts out a dakrath and uses its ability and then here comes one of those cards to put it away instantly! They also have a board reset card"supernova" it's begun so op that 80%of players use Mage! Espicially Rush..and there's nothing you can do..I think you should either change fireball to "target ally takes 4damage" or lightning strike to "target two alleys take 3electric damage" I also think you should add healing cards to other heroes ..."rampage"is useless vs Mage because once that card is played they will stop summoning alleys .i think there should more direct damage for other heroes aswell because I swear my rating was 285less than 2days ago I've dropped by 23 because of those stupid decks!
    Greatest post ever, I confirm every single line!

Other players just told you "give up any other matchup and bring a deck that counters mages so badly". Many players follow that advice and that seems to prove that mages are not OP, just because almost any deck out there is geared towards anti-mage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last season i used meat wagon praxix and i used to eat mages for breakfast,lunch and dinner over and again.
    Mages supernova my allies twice....i use soul reaper and that's it. GAME OVER

Plus card discards discards mages other burn cards here and there.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't struggle with mage decks all that often. While yes, they do have extreme amounts of direct damage, they aren't particularly difficult to deal with.

Fireball is 3cc for 4 damage, which is great, but they cannot play another card along with this in the early game. To counter just use one of the many 5 hp 3 cc allies running around. Now most player won't just give you the card advantage by playing it early, think of ways to force the play anyway.

Super Nova is all fine and dandy, but at 5cc they're usually handing you an empty board; often it hurts them more than you. Have a plan to take full advantage of this gift whenever you can.

Transmog curse is annoying, but 4cc for a single ally removal is too expensive for me to worry about. I'll either drop another copy or hold my fatties.

The biggest weakness of the mage class is the lack of early draw options. Yes research is incredible, but it's less than useful until mid game rolls around. Aramia is the sole exception of this rule, which is why she's so dangerous.

If you're struggling with mages, I recommend pumping up your early game to draw out burn or just outlast it. Eventually they WILL run out of steam, it's just a matter of where you stand when they do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, we met today on quick match. It seems you are a new player, so i understand why you are complaining. Mage is a good class, but not op. It was even better before shattered fates. Their power is decreasing with the new set. As we said, there are ways to counter rush mages with ease. Just pick a new hero and destroy them. ^^
    Last edited by Ranĝelo; 09-17-2015 at 01:01 AM.
    Messenger of the misty night
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn