Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    Nothing when it enters for an ally with an on-summon? Actually could be extremely powerful early (which is why I'm exactly sure why it was categorized under "control", as it seems a little more aggro to me. T1 Frying Pan, attack to put it in graveyard, T2 Gobbler exiles the Pan to become 3/4, then play a 3cc weapon on T3 for a 4/4 that can attack on T3. Seems kinda aggro to me, and decently useful in the right deck. Obviously isn't for every deck, since not all would run so many weapons, but could work well for the right deck.
    I guess it could do something against Warriors in a Control deck... Which is pretty much "nothing when it enters" as far as Control is concerned.

More aggressive decks? Maybe. If it was more consistent, it could do a thing but I would be counting my lucky stars if I managed to go t1 enabler, t2 that, t3 weapon with any relevant consistency.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I would not be happy if I played Control and was forced to play Sword Gobbler.
    You're not forced to play Sword Gobbler. It's a meat shield option aimed at midrange weapon heroes that could also form part of the late-game offensive part.

Please don't read too much into it being in the Control archetype section.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    You're not forced to play Sword Gobbler. It's a meat shield option aimed at midrange weapon heroes that could also form part of the late-game offensive part.

Please don't read too much into it being in the Control archetype section.
    "Forced to play" as in "the best possible option". If I wanted a card that secures me the early-game, I would not want it to be this card. Similarly, if I wanted late-game power to turn the corner, a 2cc 4/4 isn't what I'm looking for.

But again, if I can consistently play this as a turn 2 3/4, yeah I'll do that and try to kill people on turn 5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And suddenly Frying pan might be useful. This is the best news

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    But again, if I can consistently play this as a turn 2 3/4, yeah I'll do that and try to kill people on turn 5.
    Yeah, but that wouldn't be a Control deck then.

Did you consider Dead Man's Breach as part of Control late-game win-con with these dudes? 2cc for each 4/4 hasted ally ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    And suddenly Frying pan might be useful. This is the best news
    It's already useful.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    It's already useful.
    Is it too early to be calling frying pan OP due to new expansion, I feel I have enough information.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Gondorian - I have question. As I understand it, when I summon a new location the old one is put below and not active anymore. Is it possible to summon same location as currently active, but I currently don't control it. Eg: enemy has Arthyle's Pass and I don't want to spend 4SE to take control, am I able to cast it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    Is it too early to be calling frying pan OP due to new expansion, I feel I have enough information.
    You know what they say ...

Where there's smoke, there's fire ...

(And where there's fire, you can use a frying pan ..)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    @Gondorian - I have question. As I understand it, when I summon a new location the old one is put below and not active anymore. Is it possible to summon same location as currently active, but I currently don't control it. Eg: enemy has Arthyle's Pass and I don't want to spend 4SE to take control, am I able to cast it?
    Yes, you can do that. If it's not in the rules explanation, I'll fix it up to confirm that.

EDIT: Yes, I see it was not explicitly said you could do that, so I added it for clarity.