Close

Thread: Hola from Spain

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Hola from Spain

If you've been following my milestone posts such as 17,000 or 18,000, you'll know that roughly this time last year, we foolishly decided to drive from the UK through France to Spain to stay with my wife's parents, who retired here a few years back, for a couple of weeks. We camped two nights on the way and both times it was raining when putting tent up and a storm putting it down on the second day. Nightmare. The weather was pretty bad going back too.

I guess I forgot that we are cursed for bad weather in Summer when camping, and the Channel Tunnel troubles were not enough of an omen to put us off, so we embarked on the same thing again early Tuesday morning. Tuesday night, we got rain again in France putting up the tent which was a right pain. Baby Anna, who you might remember was born around the time Dark Prophecies went live, was running around, tripping over guy ropes and getting muddy. She seemed happy at least. Anyway, we got the tent up and I got a good night's sleep in the end, after only getting 2 hours sleep the night before.

Last night, we were due to camp again, but it was raining and our satnav had detoured us from detour to detour making us pretty late, so I figured we might as well go for broke and just drive all the way to our destination in Spain. THIRTEEN HOURS in the car, but we made it here for 4am. I don't plan to be online much today - hoping to get some siesta and an early night - but normal service should resume from Gondorian tomorrow (albeit with pretty slow internet connection).

Adios for now!
    Ian

EDIT: The internet is so bad here, I can see the issues some people are having with card downloading failing and only seeing card backs. I think something like preloading all card images for non-foil at start-up and showing non-foil in place of foil if foil image hasn't downloaded yet would be a nice compromise. (We brought in the dynamic loading to support more foils and playmats and sleeves, without requiring everything to have downloaded everything into their client just in case they run into it.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Phones don't have much in the way of hard drive space normally but for PC/MAC clients, how big would it be if it just downloaded everything and then loaded an image is it needs to? Would certainly be great performance that way! :-)
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not gonna feel too bad for you because the summer here in Sweden has been full of rain and thunder, and I think it hailed at one point
    It's been raining back to back all day so I'm stuck at home.

Anyway, enjoy your stay!

Ps. Yo he estudiado espaņol pero no recuerdo mucho.
    PK Love

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Phones don't have much in the way of hard drive space normally but for PC/MAC clients, how big would it be if it just downloaded everything and then loaded an image is it needs to? Would certainly be great performance that way! :-)
    Internet issues should be sorted now. Just installed a 4G router with 30Mbit down, 20Mbit up.