Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Program stopped responding, then died

I was testing a deck against the AI and after a couple of turns the game locked up. No activity or messages, none of the menu buttons worked, no global chat. After several minutes I dropped to the desktop. When I tried to re-enter the game, it restarted.

iOS 8.4 latest version beta under TestFlight on iPad 2
    Last edited by a player; 08-06-2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi. I think you found one of the cases where the AI crashes, which appears to the user like the game is hung.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game just stopped responding during a QM. I tried to query my opponent with local chat, but couldn't send the message. I opened and closed chat a couple of times, and the game spawned a browser page for shadowera.com/content.php

The game closed, and when I logged back in, I had lost.

ive got good internet here and nobody/nothing else connecting. Toast.net shows better than 10Mbps
    Last edited by a player; 08-08-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    The game just stopped responding during a QM. I tried to query my opponent with local chat, but couldn't send the message. I opened and closed chat a couple of times, and the game spawned a browser page for shadowera.com/content.php

The game closed, and when I logged back in, I had lost.
    iOS ?

BTW, seeming to stop responding in QM and not sending messages is a key indicator of loss of connection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's something wrong with this scenario. The game will often report that ones opponent has disconnected, but after a while he or she is restored and continues play. But even a congested or really bad internet connection doesn't generally drop all packets for thirty seconds or a minute at a time.

Other programs that connect online don't drop like Shadow Era does. AIM, Skype, video clips playing in a web browser all work normally for people and don't drop/lose connection if something burps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    There's something wrong with this scenario. The game will often report that ones opponent has disconnected, but after a while he or she is restored and continues play. But even a congested or really bad internet connection doesn't generally drop all packets for thirty seconds or a minute at a time.

Other programs that connect online don't drop like Shadow Era does. AIM, Skype, video clips playing in a web browser all work normally for people and don't drop/lose connection if something burps.
    I'm sorry but it must be something special (in a bad way) about your set-up. You seem to have many many problems running this game compared to the vast majority of people who have none.

If you could send me as much detail as possible about your set-up by PM, maybe we could together diagnose the source of the problems.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    FWIW other players are experiencing issues with spontaneous disconnects. Sometimetimes they win, sometimes lose, sometimes draw, but they all hate waiting that 2 to 5 minute period in effort to avoid a loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Guys, I have recently experienced the same problem. Spontaneos disconnect during rated matches and AI matches. Plus I cant go back to the match once the app suddenly stops. My IOS version is 9.3.1. Can somebody help me on this. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Admins/Game creators, I found the cause why my App suddenly closes. Everytim the card "Spirit Shuriken" show ip it kills the app. Dont know why but im damn sure that this is the cause. Can anybody help me on this. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TP16 View Post
    Hi Admins/Game creators, I found the cause why my App suddenly closes. Everytim the card "Spirit Shuriken" show ip it kills the app. Dont know why but im damn sure that this is the cause. Can anybody help me on this. Thanks
    Hi. There's a new version (3.13) coming out for iOS in the next week. In the mean time, I think you could uninstall 3.12 and reinstall, and turn off the chat in Options.