Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Player from Germany

Hi folks.
    I started completely new with SE today installing it on all my devices:
    PC
    Tablet
    Mobile phone

I like board games and play them a lot, but never played a physical CCG/TCG in my whole life.
    I'm coming over from Hearthstone which I really likes when I started testing it out around 3 weeks now because it looks great and fits perfect for easy entry...
    But I don't like the way how this game seems to get P2W from my point of view after the first days of playing...
    No chance in getting a chance beating others players without spending of money.

So I looked around for another CCG/TCG and found SE in the Play Store.

So I hope here's still room for complete noobs and that I can have a chance without blowing money in the game...
    Last edited by Hellenstone; 08-04-2015 at 12:09 PM.
    "Das Schicksal mischt die Karten, und wir spielen." (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey, welcome to the game and forums

SE is really easy to pick up and you can go over decks and strategy guides posted here to find out what suits your playstyle. Good luck and have fun!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the game, Hellenstone.

One of the touchstones of this TCG is that all of the cards for regulation play are made generally available to all. You can learn the ropes while grinding against the AI to gain gold, use the gold to further improve your deck, gain crystals rapidly in the lowest levels, and then buy one or two Shattered Fates Class Decks using only crystals.

Some prefer to spend a little real money to accelerate the whole process, and some like to show off with the various bling items: foil cards, mats, sleeves.

Still, it is actually quite possible to win at Shadow Era without spending money. And it's a lot of fun!
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello and welcome to our humble community.

I think you'll find what you're looking for in terms of affordability and a constant stream of newbies in SE. The game has a ton more depth than HS as well as a very helpful community of players willing to show new players the ropes.

I hope you enjoy your stay
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the game! I just re-replied to your other post about some UI elements being missing on PC client. Hope we can get that sorted soon for you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all the welcome...
    As s pro noob I want to start at the right point.
    Can you guide me a bit where to start?
    Expecially for deck building and which packs to spent my crystals on? Especially after thinking about spending some money due to the great crystal offer in the eb shop which seems a real bargain...
    "Das Schicksal mischt die Karten, und wir spielen." (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenstone View Post
    Expecially for deck building and which packs to spent my crystals on? Especially after thinking about spending some money due to the great crystal offer in the eb shop which seems a real bargain...
    Sure thing!
    1. Deck building: This really depends on what hero you chose to start with. Can you provide us with that info?
    2. Crystal spending: The best value comes from the Premium Shadow Mage Pack (250 crystals) since it sells for around 8-9k gold. You can buy whatever it is you need for one or two decks with that amount of gold.
    If you're a little antsy you can spend 100 crystals on the Elemental Starter Pack, but it only sells for around 2k, meaning the Premium Shadow Mage Pack sells for more than triple the value for only 250 crystals.
    3. The $20 crystal sale is very worth it. With that amount of crystals you can buy every card and still have crystals left over for some bling (sleeves, playmats, foils).
    Here's a great guide for how to spend your $20: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....red-Fates-quot
    Please note that his guide is for spending 2700 crystals while the $20 sale gives you 4200. That's a whole extra 1500 crystals!
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellenstone View Post
    Deck building: I have no idea what is strong in the meta right now, but rush loest and moonstaller have always been strong. Look in the mage section for a loest deck and the wulven section for a moonstaller deck.
    Another top tier deck is boomerang therebin.
    Spend money in this game. It is perfectly possible to obtain every card by grinding, but cards are very cheap. Its roughly 1$ per pack when you are not getting any deals (correct me if I am wrong). But if there is a deal on, you have amazing value for money.
    Spend shadow crystals on raikka decks. Sell all the cards you get (till you have 4x of that card). Then buy whatever cards you want in the merchant!
    Hope I have helped!
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't troll the newbie oggy.
    Do not pay attention to anything what he has said hellenstone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    welcome to the game
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011