Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[DISCUSSION] What SF card deserves a small buff?

Tired of "OP CARDS, PLS NERF" threads? Let's talk about cards that could use a liitle love. =)

I will start with Sword Thief, for a class card 3 HP looks too little. 4 HP would be great, it increases his chance to survive and make it more on par with Seductress.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Extractor could use a buff. 2/6 maybe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually think most cards are well balanced, and there is no dire need for further buffs.

Only card I haven't seen used against me nor did I ever consider using is Asceting of Aldmor. Weak stats, it does absolutely nothing 50% of the time and it does almost nothing rest of the time. This card doesnt need a buff or nerf. Its just waste of space at that slot and serves only lore purpose.

Card I am open to revisiting is Amulet of Conjuring. Since nerf its nowhere. I think at least 1 damage can be removed.

Card not mentioned so far nor played so far is Live Together, Die Alone. I think it could at least heal at the end of the turn. But even that won't change much so who cares.

Regarding Sword Thief I agree that it does feel weaker than Seductress, and comparing them would justify changing its stats. Problem is if it has better stats would you run both Sword Thief and Seductress in same deck, which alongside Ankclebreaker would mean most of your stuff will be easily dealt with or be delayed. If thief is buffed it would mean in most of the cases going first with Garth he will have board control on t3. Taking back the board from Garth is hard.

Pros for Stop Thief:

Doesn't have resource requirement which is something to take into consideration in a class with resource acceleration in form of Stop Thief!
    Being a rogue ally it can offer additional synergies within class allies. Right now there is only Good Contacts which sucks but we may get good cards in the future.
    Works against allies that are immune to disable effects: Karlstrad and Dakrath

Cons:

Weaker stats. 3 health means it gets one shot by: Zal blast, Lighthing Strike, Krygon, any 2 attack ally + buff (Aldon, DMT, attachment), 3 attack weapons.
    It doesn't actually disable. Right now this is bigger con than pro for allies as Karlstrad and Dakrath are rarely played fatties while Hulk is the meta now and he can still activate ability.

Right now I am playing Sword Thief in fun thematic all rogue decks. In competitive decks I play Seductress. Those are places for those allies in my eyes atm.
    Last edited by Veles; 08-04-2015 at 10:37 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amulet of Conjuring
    Do you believe that discarding one card instead of removing one of the resources from play would be an overbuff? This could help on homunculus Mage's decks, also your resource pile wouldn't be stuck if you use it on every turn.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really think they should lock the set down and just move onto the new set. I would rather get new cards then continue fiddling around with the cards that are out currently.

I really feel amulet of conjuring is in a good place at moment though, it is a great finisher draw to give rush decks a good ending. The only reason people don't use it because shit just use aramia and your draw can't be stopped or bad santa for finishing. I don't necessarily think it needs to see as much use as other draw options that mages already have.

Sword thief will always be restricted by layerian seductress, otherwise you can just chain disable til you win because it will either be two hard to kill or do too much damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Amulet of Conjuring - this was overnerfed, it went from auto-include to extinct in one nerf. Sustain + one resource is way too much, I would remove the resource cost per activation, nowadays you can play only rush Aramia.

Ascetic of Aldmor - no one uses her. This might change with new Aldmor in LL, but at this moment she's useless

Frying pan - add more durability. Logan could make deck with this

Raikka - I say make her human. No shadow mage can pull of ally based deck, humans have much better allies for this type of play (POTL, TO, Seductress to name a few).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sword Thief is Underpowered. Whenever I build a rogue deck Layarian Seductress is a better choice for me.

Amulet of Conjuring... You can maybe use it in rush mages... but even there are better options e.g Bad Santa.

Live Together, Die Alone is terrible. You depend on your allies to survive the opposing turn + need 4 ressourses and then get the same amount of heal a Priest of the Light could give you.

Obelisk of Echoes. You basically have to keep it in hand until your ravager ally kills something.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed on sword thief its needs to be better that layrian since its a class card!
    Robes of mending needs changing again +durability is useless might aswell say 1se waste shadow energy.
    Raikki needs a complete abilty revamp, can we just forget the whole buffing aspect.
    Plightbred runt make it a 2atk 3hp.
    Slingblade demon never seen this guy used hes to frail.
    frying pan is not OP enough.
    Last edited by Magikarp; 08-04-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Stardust Extractor could use a buff. Losing 1 healt and more and more ... make him easy to kill
    Stardust Ampliflyer should also get more health/attack given to friendly allies

*grabs popcorn*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikarp View Post
    Slingblade demon never seen this guy used hes to frail.
    I use it on Vess, maybe that's why my deck sucks =(

Honestly I don't believe he needs a buff, maybe only removing unique
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Greatness, Reborn