2x Aeon Stormcaller

Spells:
    4x Tidal wave
    4x Destroy Arms
    1x Resurrection
    3x Curse
    4x Wizent's Staff

30 Cards

Curse isn't a must-play card, but will make you and your allies last longer.
    I hardly ever use Tidal Wave, but I think it's important to have 4 of them in the Deck, cause it will be easier to draw one when you need
    NEVER resource Resurrection, as you only have 1 copy of it. It's essential to play this card in late game
    I use Destroy Arms specially on opponent's Draw Engines, like Research and Baazar. It's nice to have your own Draw Engine (Wizent's Staff) while your opponent can only draw 1 card per turn. There's 4 copies of Wizent's Staff in the deck to be easier to cast it in the fourth turn. Just be careful to alway have 2 or 3 extra SE to use Jericho's ability on emergencies.
    And Jericho's ability is awesome, as you can dispell Warrior's buffs (specially Blood Frenzy) and Mind Control
    Last edited by GustCM2; 04-26-2011 at 02:03 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very nice deck. I'm also having great success with Jericho. My deck differs slightly in that I run more allies, and use Retreat over Curse for the post-Tidal Wave turn. I also run at 32-34 cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the posted deck is pretty much perfect in what Jericho should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadun View Post
    Very nice deck. I'm also having great success with Jericho. My deck differs slightly in that I run more allies, and use Retreat over Curse for the post-Tidal Wave turn. I also run at 32-34 cards.
    Shouldn't you play Curse on turn 3 or 4, before Tidal Wave? You wanna be holding allies for the turn after to cast at least 2 (or Aeon).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    I think the posted deck is pretty much perfect in what Jericho should be.

Shouldn't you play Curse on turn 3 or 4, before Tidal Wave? You wanna be holding allies for the turn after to cast at least 2 (or Aeon).
    As I said I don't run Curse in my version (my version could be an inferior).

When going first I like a strong aggro start so I go:
    Puwen/Blake -> Jasmine/Aldon -> Wizent's Staff -> Raven

When going second I need to defend so I look for:
    Retreat -> Jasmine/Aldon -> Wizent's Staff -> Tidal Wave -> Retreat+Jasmine for board control.

I agree though that when going second, Curse is a much better turn 3 drop than my chump blockers.
    Last edited by Kadun; 04-26-2011 at 04:58 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Indeed, a turn 5 Tidal Wave almost never gave me board control, except in games my opponents had only a couple cards in hand by that turn. But I don't know what else I could take off to put retreat, as I don't like dead drawings.
    Maybe -1 or -2 curses, -1 Tidal Wave and -1 Wizent's Staff? I'm going to test this out
    Last edited by GustCM2; 04-26-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GustCM2 View Post
    Indeed, a turn 5 Tidal Wave almost never gave me board control, except in games my opponents had only a couple cards in hand by that turn. But I don't know what else I could take off to put retreat, as I don't like dead drawings.
    Maybe -1 or -2 curses, -1 Tidal Wave and -1 Wizent's Staff? I'm going to test this out
    Sorry, I might have mis-worded my reply. I meant to say that my choice of Retreat may be inferior to your choice of Curse. I wasn't suggesting you add Retreats and remove Curses. The Retreats work for me because of how I play my deck, the Curses could work for you.

But by all means give it a play test, you could come up with an even better version. The only thing is, I don't think I would run less than 4 Wizent's Staff.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you considered replacing a few tidal waves with ice storm? When paired with a solid number of allies, I feel like ice storm can establish board control more effectively. Nits especially useful against the elementalist blitz.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysShort View Post
    Have you considered replacing a few tidal waves with ice storm? When paired with a solid number of allies, I feel like ice storm can establish board control more effectively. Nits especially useful against the elementalist blitz.
    That's certainly a nice idea and sure to surprise an opponent not expecting tidal wave due to the number of allies you have down.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have to say, starting from scratch, this is a VERY expensive deck to try and duplicate.. I didn't even luck out on my 1st pack of human priest cards to get a single decent card well over 4k of a grind to go, and i sold all i could to make a semi decent deck right now, still far from viable to pvp in till i get another 4 lvls, buy another pack, and hope for the best! haha, maybe i'll have enough cash for a protector by then!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Benumb View Post
    Have to say, starting from scratch, this is a VERY expensive deck to try and duplicate.. I didn't even luck out on my 1st pack of human priest cards to get a single decent card well over 4k of a grind to go, and i sold all i could to make a semi decent deck right now, still far from viable to pvp in till i get another 4 lvls, buy another pack, and hope for the best! haha, maybe i'll have enough cash for a protector by then!
    If you are really enjoying the game, consider spending $10-$20 to buy some Shadow Crystals. $20 pretty much gets you 4 of every card in the game.
    In game name: 5