Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clockwork soldier looks great!
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clockwork Soldier seems fine. It's a card you absolutely cannot have multiples of on the board and that might just be the reason why I think it won't see much play. You play it, activate it, it cannot attack, it dies and reverts back until you activate it again for it to do the same cycle. I guess there's some value of you not having a board presence, playing that, wiping the board, activating it and having the first dude on-board after a reset but is that worth 4cc (which is a lot) and 1-or-more SE for just a 3/3? As of now, probably not. Cool concept, though.

I can't see why Aldmor Conflux is 6cc. There has to be something pretty amazing in the set for it to be fine only with a 6cc + 2SE per activation cost. I would very much like to see that.

The location is okay I guess. I need to see more synergies with it to really be excited about it but I wouldn't be surprised if it saw some play.

The set seems fine so far. Nothing amazing but no real waste of space either.
    Last edited by Airact; 08-02-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Clockwork Soldier seems fine. It's a card you absolutely cannot have multiples of on the board and that might just be the reason why I think it won't see much play. You play it, activate it, it cannot attack, it dies and reverts back until you activate it again for it to do the same cycle. I guess there's some value of you not having a board presence, playing that, wiping the board, activating it and having the first dude on-board after a reset but is that worth 4cc (which is a lot) and 1-or-more SE for just a 3/3? As of now, probably not. Cool concept, though.

I can't see why Aldmor Conflux is 6cc. There has to be something pretty amazing in the set for it to be fine only with a 6cc + 2SE per activation cost. I would very much like to see that.

The location is okay I guess. I need to see more synergies with it to really be excited about it but I wouldn't be surprised if it saw some play.

The set seems fine so far. Nothing amazing but no real waste of space either.
    Sounds like we are on the right track if we can get this much enthusiasm from you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Sounds like we are on the right track if we can get this much enthusiasm from you.
    If you are making a set that's good for booster drafting, then you definitely are on the right track.

We'll see but this set seems far better than the last two so there's that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Holy shit Airact is almost enthusiastic!
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Holy shit Airact is almost enthusiastic!
    You can just imagine him almost cracking a smile reading these articles.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you are making a set that's good for booster drafting, then you definitely are on the right track.
    I don't think anyone would be drafting boosters only from LL (no heroes and it's meant to be a companion set to Shattered Fates, like DP was to CotC), but certainly a 2+2+2+2 should work really well.

I'm personally most excited about a Cube Draft though. We can vary the contents of the cube over time and always ensure certain criteria are met, such as enough allies and draw. It's not a confirmed feature, but I'm really keen on making it happen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I don't think anyone would be drafting boosters only from LL (no heroes and it's meant to be a companion set to Shattered Fates, like DP was to CotC), but certainly a 2+2+2+2 should work really well.

I'm personally most excited about a Cube Draft though. We can vary the contents of the cube over time and always ensure certain criteria are met, such as enough allies and draw. It's not a confirmed feature, but I'm really keen on making it happen.
    I was thinking in the lines of 4 LL + 2 SF but sure.

I don't think there are enough cards for a cube yet. Cube drafting loses a lot of it's appeal when there aren't really any cool and easy combos to draft around, especially when it's supposed to be a singleton format.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was thinking in the lines of 4 LL + 2 SF but sure.

I don't think there are enough cards for a cube yet. Cube drafting loses a lot of it's appeal when there aren't really any cool and easy combos to draft around, especially when it's supposed to be a singleton format.
    Would we play with Meltdown rules or with class restrictions?

That would change a lot of things...
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Would we play with Meltdown rules or with class restrictions?

That would change a lot of things...
    With class restrictions I would imagine.

6 packs without class restrictions seems 1-2 too many.