Close

Thread: Arcane Boris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No Zealous Mystic, SoC or Ellos' Resolve, since you already got Zailen Crusader in the deck? Just sayin'.
    Last edited by morbius; 07-30-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now that I tried it, it is actually quite a deck! Around 300 rating, very solid for Boris.

It is however slow and vulnerable to aggro rush. Aramia is such a problem that I was even thinking about adding Legion United. Praxix aggro is another pain, but that is general situation now days.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I love this deck. It combines best from soloish weapon based Boris, so-called Berserker Boris, and ally based Boris. My changes to the deck are: -1 Reserve Weapon (I don't want to draw this until turn 7 earliest) and -1 Kings Pride (damage from Weapon should add up over time to compensate), +2 Enslave the beast (Helps to control, especially when you have no allies out, puts Zailen Crusader to good use). Also running Rampage over Enrage ( Vermin seems really popular, and you will have 3 or more items/attachments in play so Enrage is really vornurable ATM).
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Veles View Post
    I love this deck. It combines best from soloish weapon based Boris, so-called Berserker Boris, and ally based Boris. My changes to the deck are: -1 Reserve Weapon (I don't want to draw this until turn 7 earliest) and -1 Kings Pride (damage from Weapon should add up over time to compensate), +2 Enslave the beast (Helps to control, especially when you have no allies out, puts Zailen Crusader to good use). Also running Rampage over Enrage ( Vermin seems really popular, and you will have 3 or more items/attachments in play so Enrage is really vornurable ATM).
    Glad you like it.

Enrage is primarily for mage rush and I think it's better than Rampage against them. But if youre finding healing is necessary, I would agree with you that Rampage is better than Enrage cos of Vermin.

KP is 2nd win con. It's good to have something to rely on when you don't get Rod and RW right. But then I too see the point of adding some EtB. Have fun tuning the deck

P.S. You could also try Mocking armor. It's more of a tech card, but works great when it does!
    Last edited by Kylt; 08-20-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a version of this in my deck now that runs

4x Avenger of the Fallen
    4x Guardian of Unaxio
    4x Templar Champion
    2x Smashing Blow
    4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Lythite Coating
    1x Enrage
    4x Rampage
    3x Enslave the Beast
    1x Lay Line Nexus
    3x Scriptures of the Righteous
    4x Reserve Weapon
    4x Rod of Smiting
    2x Dragon's Tooth
    3x Rothem's Visage

I know it is a 46 card deck but it seems pretty flexible this way and I do have it at a 210- 215 rating so far this season