Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rating Decay Noob Question

Tried searching the forums but related posts were several years ago. I havent been active for about a year, so I would like to know the current system for Rating Decay, in particular:

1) How many days of inactivity (from Rated play, i assume?) before Rating decays?
    2) What counts as a reset to the Rating decay countdown? (for eg. if opponent disconnects too soon before gold/xp is awarded, does it count as a reset? or if opponent disconnects at any point in the game?)
    3) Does it need to be a Victory to reset the Rating decay countdown?
    4) Does it need a shift in rating to reset the Rating decay countdown? (for eg. if your rating is 300, and u win against a 230 but your rating still remains exactly 300, does it count as a reset?
    5) Any other rules/conditions that i failed to think of?

Thank you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure, but don't think rating decay exists at present. That could be why there isn't much recent discussion on the topic....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It drops by 5 points after 5 days of inactivity I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Archm4ge View Post
    1) How many days of inactivity (from Rated play, i assume?) before Rating decays? 5
    2) What counts as a reset to the Rating decay countdown? (for eg. if opponent disconnects too soon before gold/xp is awarded, does it count as a reset? or if opponent disconnects at any point in the game?) A game must award XP/rating to count
    3) Does it need to be a Victory to reset the Rating decay countdown? Nope, a loss will be valid, not sure about a draw.
    4) Does it need a shift in rating to reset the Rating decay countdown? (for eg. if your rating is 300, and u win against a 230 but your rating still remains exactly 300, does it count as a reset? Your rating shifts after every game, sometimes it it just by a small fraction so your rounded rating doesn't change.
    See red.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No.2,neither players get exp nor gold and the player who was disconnected loses rating atmost 5 i think(they do this loss for cheaters who want to win ratings fast)
    No.4,ur rating cant be the same after every match if u win ur rating shall increase and vise versa when u lose depending on how powerful ur oppenent was(by ratings not by decks)
    For Those Who Want To Know:
    "There is an article about the ratios done in order to inc. Or dec. The ratings of players when winning,losing,draw or disconnecting" 😊
    THE BLACK TEMPLARS
    "NO FEAR, NO PITY, NO REMORSE"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Btw the article is not by me just search for it
    THE BLACK TEMPLARS
    "NO FEAR, NO PITY, NO REMORSE"