Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

No cancel button in rated games

Hi,

There does not seem to be a "cancel" button anymore when waiting for an opponent during a rated game.

This can be a big problem when the game has been created by mistake and has to be cancelled.

For instance, this afternoon I was playing for the Slugfest tournament and created a rated game by mistake that I had to exit. Without a cancel button, my rating went down from 317 (#8 overall) to 303.

Could a cancel button be added back?
    Also, if by any chance Kyle or Gondorian could cancel that rating loss, I'll be really thankful (hey I had to try ).

Cheers,
    AP Jacelkos
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I second this. When finishing a meltdown game, the challenge lobby will reset to RATED tab. Sometimes i forget this click the BATTLE! button thinking its the MELTDOWN button, since they look exactly the same... and there's no obvious way to cancel except to fight.... Grrrr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The next release v2.9132 will remember the tab you were most recently at (rated/unrated/meltdown). But still no cancel button, you'll have to take the loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is ridiculous I am waiting for opponents for ages so I decide to cancel and take even bigger rating hit if I'd had actually played and lost. Get the cancel button back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep, this is ridiculous, we cant be losing rating like this, we need the cancel button

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How impatient are you guys? I gotta wonder how many times you are waiting due to some other person canceling before you show up.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    How impatient are you guys? I gotta wonder how many times you are waiting due to some other person canceling before you show up.
    I found out that sometimes I get opponent faster when I cancel and start new game. Also often I play SE when I'm working and if the game doesn't start within 5 minutes I want to cancel the game. Now I lose less rating when I just let it search for opponent and don't play at all, which is annoying for opponents, but why should I care when it hurts me less (by the end of last season I lost 6 points of rating due to one quit vs 1 point of rating when losing to someone). I still don't understand why the cancel button was cancelled