Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    can we update this to give out LL packs instead of SF?
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe with LL packs instead of SF would me more players in meltdown.

Senior Member The MiddleAgedNerd's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Where are the rules for meltdown? Like whe the week starts and ends. Etc. Couldnt find in forums.
    Middle Aged Nerd
    Protector of The Dragon Orb
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    week starts on firday where i am, ends the same time. if u check ur status it tells you how long until it ends.

rules are simple, build a deck using 4 packs, and win. u get poitns for winning, highest points gets weekly prizes, generally 10-14 wins a day will get you in the top 3
    TJ Burn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thirdly, there will be a Meltdown Hall of Fame, similar to that for QM Season performance, on the official website, tracking the last 10 week's results.
    What happend to the Meltdown Hall of Fame? Last one shown on the rankings website is by 20th Nov 2015.
    Please check. Thank you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do I know what I got from my prize pack? Do the cards just randomly get picked and added to my collection? How can I search for them?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidrek Rampant View Post
    How do I know what I got from my prize pack? Do the cards just randomly get picked and added to my collection? How can I search for them?
    Hi. You receive them unopened and then go to the Merchant to open them in Booster Packs section. Congrats on winning one or more!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi, everyone!

I'm very pleased to announce three changes to the way the weekly meltdown contest is run.

Firstly, as of today, it is completely free to enter. No gold required! (v2.90 clients will still show a fee but will not be charged.)

Secondly, in line with our monthly quick match prizes, we have a new prize structure for the weekly meltdown contest including prize packs, foil packs, Shadow Crystals and packs from our latest set (currently Shattered Fates).

1st - 5 Prize Packs, 5 Premium Foil Packs, 5 SF Packs, 2000 SC
    2nd - 3 Prize Packs, 3 Premium Foil Packs, 3 SF Packs, 1500 SC
    3rd - 2 Prize Packs, 2 Premium Foil Packs, 2 SF Packs, 1000 SC
    4th - 1 Prize Packs, 1 Premium Foil Packs, 1 SF Packs, 750 SC
    5th - 1 Prize Packs, 1 Premium Foil Packs, 1 SF Packs, 500 SC
    6-10th - 1 Prize Packs, 1 Premium Foil Packs, 1 SF Packs, 250 SC
    11-25th - 1 Prize Pack, 100 SC

(A Prize Pack contains 2 cards randomly selected from all cards in the game that are not available for sale in booster packs. This pool currently includes foils from the CotC physical preorder, foils from the DP physical preorder and foils and alt-arts from the Crystals Anthology decks - the complete list can be seen by following this link. As more special cards are created, they will likely also be added to this pool.)

Thirdly, there will be a Meltdown Hall of Fame, similar to that for QM Season performance, on the official website, tracking the last 10 week's results.

We feel these three changes together will greatly increase activity for this fun format, whether you are: aiming for the prizes or the fame and glory; trying out cards beyond those in your collection; hoping to construct some really wacky decks due to no class and faction restrictions; or just wanting to get an idea of what's in a booster pack. (If it's the latter, don't hit Start once you've seen your cards, please!)

Obviously, there are some players who would have preferred to keep playing for gold, but all of the prizes above can yield gold, so it really is win-win, due to no risk of entry and the opportunity to win foils and shadow crystals for those lucky players who already have mountains of gold (which can't be used to acquire foils or shadow crystals).

If you have any questions or feedback about this change, please post below. Good luck, everyone!
    I really think this current prize structure is working against the goals we had for the game. It's arguable whether the mode itself is even good for the game either. I propose some temporary changes are made and we can learn from them to work out better approach.

e.g. Swap out the SC prizes for a number of Pick-a-Card instead, in line with Top 250 on Rated Multiplayer. This could be combined with adding in LL packs and Campaign packs to the choices to shake up the Meltdown meta too.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @kyle

Suggestion for increasing the player population at MD.

Change the SF packs prizes into Pick-a-card.

Most players already have all the SF cards they need.

Pick-a-card will appeal to foil collectors. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another thing to increase the population: give points to the loser of a game as well. Having 0 means you litteraly wasted the time you took to build the deck, wait for someone to join, and actually play. If you are unlucky or just plain bad, you can end up with 10 played games but 0 points despite all the time you spent. Having 5 points would be really helpful.