Close

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Class cards should be powerful, otherwise why bother picking that class?
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Funny, since I was the guy who played Elementalis even back in the days when Exaltation was 6cc, to play it you had to discard it and then pick it up with Xar. And I did pretty well with that deck, well it couldn't really go over 300 rating deeper into season, but I consider that a success everything considered. And for months of playing I could count on the fingers of one hand how many times I ran into another Elementalis, but now it appears there are a lot of people who say they are old Elementalis players.

So kindly don't talk to me about Elementalis. I like the hero, I played him a lot and I was happy about the Extractor buff, but it ended up boosting him too much, as he no longer has to rely on Falseblood Cultist for draw, freeing the deck for allies with high survivability that are going to stick around until Exaltation comes into play. He needed a buff, but now needs a nerf, that's how it goes.
    First: I don't "claim", I state facts, apparently backed by others. You accept it or not, that's your business.
    Second: how did we get to extractor buff from exaltation? Which one is op, exaltation or extractor? Before extractor buff exaltation wasn't op, that's what you're saying?
    To shed some light on the matter, my latest 2.90 build didn't include any draw whatsoever and it worked very well. For a while I was using bloodthirsty but I ended up saccing it much more often than not so replaced it with motf. Cultist was totally unnecessary. Better to throw down a hulk and have options than play xar then cultist and lock yourself in a play. Recently I even considered getting rid of xar, because I just sac it most of the time. Now, you have an understanding how the previous iteration worked, extractor wasn't needed to replace cultists.
    Third: I know that we get paired a lot and I win most of the time. That happens. Deal with it. I always lose to bp emigor or egatemi, idk which I always mix them up, probably both of them. Do I start picking on them? No I don't. Learn and adapt. There was a period when I got paired an awful lot with rs namcastle with amber. I beat him almost always. Did he insult me? No, suddenly he changed tactics, held back on attachments so my vermins were useless against CB and I found myself at the wrong end of the stick game after game. Draw the conclusion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    Thank you man, you made my day
    I take the chance that I'll look like a big headed pretentious douche. I did not find that op deck, I created it back when 2.90 came out. Since then I've been just tweaking it as the meta required it. Been playing only that in qms for 3 months, zhanna was popup deck. You can imagine I know the ins and outs of it after literally hundreds of matches. I could care less if it gets the nerf or not, I played it enough and proved that ele is not the tier 2 hero as it was considered. Those garden variety ele decks you mentioned mostly derive from mine.
    So when I say victor is a big pain in the arse for ele, I know what I'm talking about, I lost enough matches to it and won some. If you play retreat and snare trap in a steadfast filled meta, good for you, but don't complain that they don't do the job. I ain't playing super focus since priests went extinct because it has no point. I imagine I could and then complain about not doing it's job against elemental decks. As I have said, adapt to the meta or die.
    Can confirm. My victor beat his ele then I lost to amber then I won with Vess
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    morbius, you tell him not to talk to you about Elementalis because you play it... but you actually insult him by saying he doesnt know what he is talking about because he plays it. you attack him and then use the same reasoning to defend yourself.

ive read through this thread and you are mostly just going off on Ford. enough. you dont like exaltation, fine, you have said so. no more personal attacks just because he disagrees with you.
    Alright, bloody well, I'm quitting further discussion. Maybe he is even a good guy, in that case I apologize, but he seems just like Moonstaller apologists of the old, passionately defending the clearly broken deck. "No, Moonstalker is just fine, derp... don't nerf him, herp derp... not my fault others don't know how to play the game, deeerrrrp... I'm so smart, derp...". It's that kind of human worms that I would have no problem curb stomping. Again, I could be wrong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    *sigh*

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can a mod close this before it derails further than 'curb stomping' people over a game?
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    Can a mod close this before it derails further than 'curb stomping' people over a game?
    Rather than close it, I'd just like to ask to hear from more people. morbius and fordfff have made their points clear. I think there's a lot more room for elaboration and discussion, and that's the kind of thing that helps us make decisions. Backed up by games, of course.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Herp derp I think Exaltation is fine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Exaltation is strong as one would expect from 5cc ability. It's fine as it is

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do not see real problems with exaltion. It is extremely strong but can also be countered in many ways. Its also very situational.
    What i love most about this card is the fact that it forced aramia to almost disappear from meta. I hat her bot many people dont
    Imo elementails strengh comes from stardus extractor. I think his ability could be more expensive eg loosing 2 hp on activation or untargetable by friendly allies and heroes...
    Exaltion is great imo. It would also be great with 3 attack bonus or unique.

Quote Originally Posted by fordfff View Post
    Third: I know that we get paired a lot and I win most of the time. That happens. Deal with it. I always lose to bp emigor or egatemi, idk which I always mix them up, probably both of them. Do I start picking on them? No I don't.
    Its 2:1 for me afaik. And i only win when going first. Thats pretty awful :S
    Last edited by egatemi; 07-26-2015 at 06:56 PM.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn