Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. There may be some decks that may not benefit from adding allies. The first one that comes to my mind is Darkclaw with Lone Wolf. Having said that, there are heroes who can run 10 allies (more or less) in deck to a considerable degree of success (eg: Jericho, Baduruu, Gwenny). So my answer is yes and no. It all depends on the hero and its card pool.
    2. Yes. You should consider solo as an archetype of the game while balancing the game. I am sure with some love from the DT many unviable heroes at this point may be able to work in future. Also, if you are thinking of not designing cards to support solo heroes, it might not be a very wise decision since you have already made cards that fit in the archetype.

Solo should be a thing. It adds another layer of depth in the game.
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Lone Wolf hate is strong with this thread.

Talking about solo-Darkclaw is like talking about prehistoric dinosaurs. Both are extinct.

Get rid of all item/ability/attachment removal cards, and then maybe dinosaurs can rule the earth again...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Recently I acknowledge that solo jericho is better than ally jericho.
    without ally, jericho can focus on Killing hero with ember. (ally jericho should uses that for board control)
    And because Jericho have no space for enough allys.
    Maybe Tainted Oracle or Devoted knight will be good for draw or resource control. but IMO other abilities and items do better function now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by gracenough View Post
    Recently I acknowledge that solo jericho is better than ally jericho.
    without ally, jericho can focus on Killing hero with ember. (ally jericho should uses that for board control)
    And because Jericho have no space for enough allys.
    Maybe Tainted Oracle or Devoted knight will be good for draw or resource control. but IMO other abilities and items do better function now
    I dunno man, I run 13 allies in Jerry and it does really well. It allows you to cover more ground, for instance if somebody has other ways of doing damage, and stops playing allies, your Jerry now has no way of doing damage and embers becomes a dead card. Maybe you add some sort of weapon idk, but allies in Jerry definitely make him more versatile. I think a lot of Jerry players lean on embers too much because it is a good card, but I found it's extremely easy for a good player to play around my embers so it's not the most reliable card
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally feel that all solo decks do benefit from some kind of utility allies. Some examples:

Millstalker has historically always benefited from Furrion Terror and Shadow Knight.
    Solo Gwen can make good use of Lily Rosecult.
    Solo Jericho quite often runs Eriss and sometimes Justicar Alysia.
    Solo Warrior often uses allies such as Furrion Terror, Shadow Knight, Braxnorian Veteran, Yari Marksman to name a few.
    Solo DC will often use hasted allies such as Krygon and Lightning Hunter etc.

All of these decks I feel would be weaker if they went completely solo.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My biggest problem with solo type decks is they eliminate the use of a lot of cards in the enemy deck are just useless. This leads to situations where your not really playing but just waiting to see if the solo player gets his combo or whatever because you can't run enough destruction cards since you need to use those slots on anti ally cards because those decks are so much more prevalent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    I dunno man, I run 13 allies in Jerry and it does really well. It allows you to cover more ground, for instance if somebody has other ways of doing damage, and stops playing allies, your Jerry now has no way of doing damage and embers becomes a dead card. Maybe you add some sort of weapon idk, but allies in Jerry definitely make him more versatile. I think a lot of Jerry players lean on embers too much because it is a good card, but I found it's extremely easy for a good player to play around my embers so it's not the most reliable card
    i use boomerang for that problem
    But i really want to see ur deck !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This topic got me thinking; will there ever be cards that allow you to place a friendly ally on the opponent's board...?
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    This topic got me thinking; will there ever be cards that allow you to place a friendly ally on the opponent's board...?
    That would be cool, if you could have an ally that sabotages the enemy . Could be cool for activating spirit shuriken and yari marksmen etc

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    My biggest problem with solo type decks is they eliminate the use of a lot of cards in the enemy deck are just useless. This leads to situations where your not really playing but just waiting to see if the solo player gets his combo or whatever because you can't run enough destruction cards since you need to use those slots on anti ally cards because those decks are so much more prevalent.
    What you've perfectly described is one of the main strengths of full "solo" from the perspective of the soloist.

Is it a good thing for the game overall? Different question! But we have intentionally added more utility allies in Shattered Fates to tempt players of the "solo player" mindset to run some allies.