Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian
    I have found se from my friend occasionally.(⊙o⊙)…then i download it in the se website . ╮(╯▽╰)╭
    I like female priest most . and my level is 17 .(╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻
    My IGN:littlecat
    Thanks a lot for that, and congrats for the 200000!
    greetings from china. lol!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hey
    I came across SE as I was looking for something to play in my free time.
    but i am lvl 21 now but i started playing in 2015.

so will i also get those packs

ign = edblaze

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian,
    Thanks a lot for this great giveaway.
    i found SE when i was searching TCG on playstore

ign = svinay
    lvl = 11

thnaks alot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1) Check that your SE game account is below level 20 and was created in 2015.
    Hi Gondorian, thanks for replying to my earlier post here about the merchant issue. I'm lvl 10 now, using hasted Zaladar to farm the AI since the quick matches have been getting me 50/50 or less wins with the incomplete Eldawen portal. My account is under a week old now.

2) Reply here to tell us how you discovered Shadow Era and what you like most about it so far.
    Found the game after feeling nostalgic for TCGs when the new MTG app on apple was recommended by my friend, but not available on android. Disappointed, I decided to browse the current list of TCGs online. Saw Shadowera had generally good reviews & the most downloads, so I tested it out. Lovely art.

_History _An old fan of TCGs. Used to be with pokemon (childhood), then Yugioh (found it a bit childish at highschool & quit), & then MTG (loved it, but expensive to maintain while schooling, retired after high school). I've tested Hearthstone & MTG:Planeswalkers before sticking to Shadowera. Hearthstone was too cartoony & excessive with the special effects. Card acquisition was too slow (without cash) & it was too simple after MtG. MtG:Planeswalkers was too buggy & not entirely adapted to mobile, crashing often & an overkill on in-game-purchases with story progression needing to be paid for to unlock. A few other TCGs I tried were not so good either.

_How TCG systen of MtG > Shadowera_ Now, in shadowera. The TCG system has a similar complexity to MtG. Points where MtG wins are in:
    1. Responsive turns with the stacking resolution of spells & abilities allowing for counter spells on opponent turns, before spells resolve after being cast from hand, having to decide which creatures will defend/block an attack on the summoner/hero.

_How TCG system of Shadowera > MtG_Points where Shadowera wins for me is:
    1. The resource allotment from hand. The player will need to know fully well which cards will be useful at early and later in the game, and the style of decks the opponents may use. It also does away witht he need for land/mana types which may screw your mana, and buying rare lands. While some may like the added fun of collecting rare lands, it unnecessarily increases the expense of making a deck.

_General Shadowera musings_
    • While not requiring specific land/mana type is convenient, the resource allocation system makes drawing cards, and having cards that increase draw an important tool in game. This however, increases the danger of overpowering 'discard from opponent's deck' style decks. I feel the developers may want to keep this in mind.

_Thoughts on the mobile App Game system_
    • The AI lacks challenge, and in general responds very slow even just to have 2 ally of the AI attack. As I'm not a programmer, I can't say how the coding can be improved upon.
    • When tapping on any part of the touchscreen after an action has just been performed in game (like after picking a card to read, or right after casting a spell), the new buttons for the next action take more time to appear. Perhaps you could consider placing the buttons for cast / end turn / and cancel permanently on one side of the phone? Instead of the UI button appearing and disappearing.
    • Slight bug during 'sacrifice phase'. After tapping once, the card snaps to a higher/lower y-axis from its original 'in-hand' position from the other cards, sometimes deviating to the side and sometimes become hard to click. Happens once in a while. Not always.
    • In general a well-rounded game at the moment. And its nice to see decent community/developer involvement.

3) Include your in-game name in your reply, so we can verify your level and when you created the account, and give your prizes!
    My IGN is Frape

4) No creating alt accounts to exploit this offer! Helping legitimately new players to get started is good for all of us.
    I don't have an alt account per say. But I wonder if it is possible to change the email of my current account to my old account that I quit.
    The previous IGN was under a different email.
    I was unable to find an option to delete my old account. And used an old email (alabaster_wand@gmail.com) that I have forgotten the password to. So I haven't been able to authenticate it.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 07-24-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hi all. Welcome to the game and the forum.

I'm knee-deep in writing an article at the moment, so I can't review all these yet. I'll come back when we get to 20.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrana View Post
    I don't have an alt account per say. But I wonder if it is possible to change the email of my current account to my old account that I quit.
    The previous IGN was under a different email.
    I was unable to find an option to delete my old account. And used an old email (alabaster_wand@gmail.com) that I have forgotten the password to. So I haven't been able to authenticate it.
    Hi. I edited out your email address. Yes, it's possible to switch the email associated with your account. If you email support@shadowera.com from your new email, they'll help you get things swapped over.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey Gondorian,
    I've seen shadow era around a lot online, I just never been able to get into it till now.
    The thing I like most about the game so far is the sacrifice cards for resources mechanic.
    Thanks for the giveaway. I hope speak for all when I say I appreciate it. Congrats on 20k post too.
    IGN: PoisedBeggar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1.my ign:jokehans
    2.I'm searching a good card game for a time,and I find SE inTieBa(a Chinese forum),I was attract by its exquisite illustration,and it very worth a play for various
    strategy
    thanks for your generous!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congratulations on 20k posts!

Glad SE is doing so well!

I discovered SE by looking around the App Store on iOS looking for something to do. Boy am I glad I did.
    The biggest thing that sticks out to me about SE is the potential and design concepts. Especially with the new set that is coming out. You are potentially going places nobody has gone before, and I can tell your team is full of amazing lateral thinkers. You are bringing whole new dimensions to the table and to the TCG world! Keep up the good wok~

My ign is Njhjenkins
    I'm quite the nub, at a staggering level of 4 haha!
    Thanks again~
    Last edited by Njhjenkins; 07-25-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Hi, there!

As part of my 20,000th post celebration, I want to give away 120 digital booster packs to new players to give them a little boost growing their collections in a little contest.

Four Rules for Taking Part

1) Check that your SE game account is below level 20 and was created in 2015. If you're not sure, reply anyway and I will check for you.

2) Reply here to tell us how you discovered Shadow Era and what you like most about it so far.

3) Include your in-game name in your reply, so we can verify your level and when you created the account, and give your prizes!

4) No creating alt accounts to exploit this offer! Helping legitimately new players to get started is good for all of us.

The first 20 replies that adhere to those 4 rules will get 2 packs of Call of the Crystals, 2 packs of Dark Prophecies and 2 packs of Shattered Fates.

Please note: These are digital packs and will not be awarded immediately. I'll batch process the list after there's at least 20 replies.
    1. Hey Gondo, congrats! I discovered SE through my own research. Wanted the best mobile tcg I could find and after trying literally all of them settled on SE. I like the play mechanics, the community and generous ways to get cards.
    2. IGN: AndreX (level 17, playing for some weeks)