Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Telegram Rooms for Shadow Era Community

Hi all,

We have a two official Telegram rooms/channels for the SE community. I just wanted to give people some clue as to which was meant to be used for what.

Official Shadow Era Discussion - for discussion of Shadow Era only. (Owned by Gondorian)

Official Organised Play Space - for organising and running Shadow Era tournaments only. (Owned by SamuelJ)

To prevent spammers and bots joining these two, we do not publish the invite links to them, but we do have a new "Welcome to Shadow Era" Telegram group that new people can join via public link, so our great team of mods can welcome them and add to our official groups:

www.shadowera.com/telegram

Anyone is free to add anyone else into the above groups, however if you're having trouble getting added. Please contact one of the following moderators for access. Please include your Username (@Example) and the channel you'd like to be added too.

Telegram Name Telegram ID In Game Name Forum Name Country / Time Zone Language Age Group
    TJ Catalina @CatVanPatton TJ Catalina TJ Catalina Austria / GMT+1 Carinthian, German, English 28-32
    17 Paxvobiscum @Paxvobiscu 17 Paxvobiscum Paxvobiscum Italy / GMT+1 Italian, English 38-42
    Ross Edwards @Ross014 BP Ross Ross014 United Kingdom / GMT+0 English 23-27
    A1 Kip Thorp @kip_thorp A1 KipThorp Kip Thorp United States / GMT-5 English 43+
    indastria @indastria 17 Indastria Indastria Italy / GMT +1 Italian, English 38-42
    Exile @EXIL3 Exil3 GX Exile United States / GMT-5 English 18-22
    BT Nocturnal @BT Nocturnal BT Nocturnal BT Zotti Luxembourg / GMT+1 Luxembourgish, English, French, German 23-27
    Jose Llamas @Josellamas SEF Mango SEF Mango United States / GMT-8 English 33-37
    A1 Burnout1985 @burnout1985 A1 Burnout1985 Burnout1985 Belgium / GMT+1 English, French, Dutch 28-32
    tman507 @BPtman507 BP tman507 tman507 USA / GMT-8 English 23-27
    Nik Veles @NikVeles Veles Veles Serbia / GMT+1 Serbian, English 23-27

Having said that, the owner of the room can kick people if they repeatedly breach the Code of Conduct, particularly with regards harassing other players. Excessive swearing, offensive comments, maliciously provoking, trolling, spamming irrelevant stuff are all not welcomed. You WILL be kicked from the 3 rooms above if you continue to breach the Code of Conduct after being warned. (The Code of Conduct matches the one we use for the forum and in-game chat.)

Most guilds have their own too. If you are in a guild, ask your leader how to get into the room.

Don't know what Telegram is? I'll let one of its pioneers tell you ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kip thorp View Post
    Shadow Era Telegram Chat room

Greetings fellow Shadow Erites, lemme ask you a question.

You ever wanna chat in real time with other players?

Or tired of logging on to irc and having no idea what people are talking about ( no history of posts) if they are talking at all? ( 10 people signed in but nobody talking ) Yeah, well me to.

Well that irc chat was widely used but now it's pretty much separate rooms for guilds and the place everybody goes to play pop ups and tournaments. It's great for that.

But we are offering you a different solution...

TELEGRAM

It's a realtime chat app, that does a bunch of great things:

* It saves the history of posts ( miss a day and you might see 1000 posts , no you don't have to read them, you can just scroll to the current chats)

* You can privately query other members or just chat with the group.

*It's available on all platforms , iOS, pc, mobile or the good ole tower computer at home.

Please note that this is open to any SE player! All guilds, all players all SE members! This is not a guild chat room, this is the entire community!

So join in and let's talk the game trade decks and advice, let's keep Shadow Era going!

You do not have to use your Phone number!

Many members of the community are already involved using Telegram and we would like to invite you to.

The rules would be about the same as on the forums (see CoC thread). Have fun, talk about the game, be real, get to know each other, but be nice, or your approximation of nice. ( and that does not mean being hurtful, racist , bigoted or just plain mean)
    ------That will not be tolerated and will get you removed-----
    So don't do it.

https://telegram.org
    Last edited by Veles; 09-27-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Updated lists of mods

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shameless plug, but I run a room called MOBA Tactician's Quarters, specifically for any general MOBA and MOBA eSports talk, whether it be League of Legends, DotA2, SMITE or Heroes of the Storm. Just so members of the community who play such games can talk about such without having to saturate the General Chat with all our jargon and discussions.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    Shameless plug, but I run a room called MOBA Tactician's Quarters, specifically for any general MOBA and MOBA eSports talk, whether it be League of Legends, DotA2, SMITE or Heroes of the Storm. Just so members of the community who play such games can talk about such without having to saturate the General Chat with all our jargon and discussions.
    Do you play vainglory too?
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Where do I find shadow era in there or can I get invited to it?
    IGN: LDL kuhuru GMT -3h

Representante do Brasil no Street Fighter World Warrior Tournament

Member of: {LDL} "LEGION DE DRAGONES LATINOS"
    "Con la fuerza de un dragon, venceremos"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by igornvidal View Post
    Where do I find shadow era in there or can I get invited to it?
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=36522

There
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looking at tekegram and attempted to use it, it always wants my phone number, which is not happening. any alternatives?
    Squircifer
    doomed if you doomed if you don't

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Squircifer View Post
    looking at tekegram and attempted to use it, it always wants my phone number, which is not happening. any alternatives?
    I'm pretty sure you need to give a phone number. It's only to them (Telegram) - it won't be shown to other people. I've never had any spam texts or calls on the number I gave to them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Squircifer View Post
    I believe if you use the pc version you don't need a phone #. But like Gondo said, your number is only visible to you and is only shared if you share it.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a phone number is needed to sign up, so they can text you a verification code. then you go to settings and create a @username, thats what you give us to add you to the chats.

i have never had any spam or telemarketing calls because of telegram on my phone.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won