Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I have a few questions

I playing this game again and I'm seeing lots of people just leaving a game right after it starts. Probably because of a bad match-up or bad starting hand.

I know you lose rating when you do this, but I don't think I win some when other people do it. Is this right? if it is I don't think it is fair. Maybe make a different formula for games with less than 4 turns, idk.

I think people are trying to abuse the score system for the rewards. You don't lose time in a (probably) lost game and your opponent don't win shit. Is this worth? If yes, what can be improved? If not forget this questions.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've not had it happen to me on 2.91 yet. How often is this happening for you? Could be your hero choice. I dunno.

In terms of rating, you can't gain any if the match is too short, but you can lose rating for any loss. So you are understanding that correctly. For the score, you lose nothing for a loss, so there's only the loss of rating to penalise you, which is likely why some do quit early and also why we see more rush decks from those people.

I proposed a slightly different score system to combat both these things but it did not get much traction. ShadowEra.net is running something that approximates my suggested system in 2.91 for the next two weeks: http://shadowera.net/2-91-quick-match-master-challenge

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Running Gwen, and it was actually really frequent, until today some guys conceded right away and I kept facing them in the next match until I decided to close the game and open again, maybe it was a bug. But today I faced a Loest, he quit first game and when I faced him again I thought he would leave again like everyone else, but he dropped a perfect rush start. That was when I realized that people was abusing this and decided to post it.
    White Shadow of Vozit
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont see much abuse going on here. by quitting, they are the ones losing rating points. and even they get a good start and win the next game, they will only gain back what they lost, or less due to the trueskill system. and they are also forcing the trueskill system to feel as though they belong at whatever rating the lose at, so its only hurting them in more than one way. doesnt hurt the winning player in the slightest bit, just doesnt offer rating(which makes sense when its been so short, anything can happen)

my 2c

-RS AA

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look dude, if I see you running Gwen and I suspect you have 4 Grundlers Double and maybe a sprinkle of item-destruction,...then I'm not gonna waste my time. Won't let my Millstalker suffer animal-abuse at the hands of cruel men like you. Because I'm a responsible pet owner. Like a MS Whisperer kind of person.

...except I don't think I'm one the players you're referring to, so nevermind.