Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Help getting back into Shadow Era

So I have been gone from the game for quite some time now (2 years) because of a mix of personal reasons and the slow release of content for the game. Now it seems like the content is coming more rapidly, the campaign is on the horizon and I finally have time to do things, so it seems like the perfect opportunity to return to the game. So what is new, what old decks are still viable, what are the most important buffs and nerfs, and what are some nice decklists to build to get going? (Getting the cards for the decks won't be a problem except if it needs legendaries, if those are as hard to get as they used to be :P)

I appreciate all help! Used to love this game and hope that love will return once I start playing again!
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome back, my nemesis. We never did have that grudge match. I'll give you a month to train up and then I'll see you on the battlefield.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Welcome back, my nemesis. We never did have that grudge match. I'll give you a month to train up and then I'll see you on the battlefield.
    Deal!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Martin! Welcome back!

Unfortunately, I can't help you too much (I'm terrible at reading the meta :P). Karlstrad and Colossus are just as hard to get as ever, but you shouldn't need them either. Loest and Rothem are both easily obtainable legendaries because of the theme decks. I will say that Raikka's new starter deck is the best way to get gold now (as opposed to elemental starters).

As for important buffs and nerfs, how used to Shattered Fates are you? I don't recall if that was even publicly available when you left or not. Either way, glad to have you back.

Oh, and people seem to have moved to a program called Telegram as opposed to IRC. There are a few up and running, check the new player's section for the links and such. I believe A1 and RS (rising sun) both have one of these Telegram rooms open atm.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey man, good to have old players back. Get on telegram and you'll get plenty of help there. You can look me up there can help out @fordfff

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Martin! Welcome back!

Unfortunately, I can't help you too much (I'm terrible at reading the meta :P). Karlstrad and Colossus are just as hard to get as ever, but you shouldn't need them either. Loest and Rothem are both easily obtainable legendaries because of the theme decks. I will say that Raikka's new starter deck is the best way to get gold now (as opposed to elemental starters).

As for important buffs and nerfs, how used to Shattered Fates are you? I don't recall if that was even publicly available when you left or not. Either way, glad to have you back.

Oh, and people seem to have moved to a program called Telegram as opposed to IRC. There are a few up and running, check the new player's section for the links and such. I believe A1 and RS (rising sun) both have one of these Telegram rooms open atm.
    I'll check out Telegram, thanks for the tip!

When I stopped playing I think all the Shattered Fates cards were out on the test server, and I played around with them for a bit right before I quit. Almost none of the cards had art at that point :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF
    When I stopped playing I think all the Shattered Fates cards were out on the test server, and I played around with them for a bit right before I quit. Almost none of the cards had art at that point :P
    They do all have arts now after latest update, lol. Still mostly no flavor texts though (still itching to find out the results of the flavor contest particularly, lol).

Do check out the spoilers for set 4, Lost Lands, though, some awesome looking stuff coming there. Including an entirely new card type, Locations.

And ah yes, the good old Gondorian vs. Martin JF rivalry, lol.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome back Martin! Things have changed since you left for sure.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Always great to see players who have been around longer than me coming back to the game. Welcome back.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Wow. It's Martin. The man who designed wrath of the forest card, no? And other cards too?