There has already been a haste banner, who is Braxian soldier
    General of Triumph
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    Will all locations be usable by all heroes or will there be specific human/shadow locations?
    All neutral
    General of Triumph
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992 View Post
    There has already been a haste banner, who is Braxian soldier
    You're right. There is one single human-only card that counters one of the most powerful abilities in the game.
    There's also Voice of Winter but it's even more restricted.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Locations have no summoning cost, so they effectively play for "free" (even in presence of cards that increase summoning cost).

Locations always have a Turn Number associated with them: this means that the current turn number for the active player must at least match the Turn Number on the Location (e.g. T2 means the active player must be on their 2nd turn or later).

It is unclear if you're saying that the location cannot be played until the Turn condition is met, or if it simply cannot be active until the Turn condition is met

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Our standard wording is to use "while" for conditions of ongoing effects and "if" for conditions on one-shot effects. (I don't know if this is intentionally inspired from programming language terminology, but it does seem to fit with it!)

I'll admit that "if" would also work in this case, but we're trying to stay as consistent as possible.

Yes, but using "while" suggests that the fact that a card has been discarded can be undone, revoked, reversed, or however you want to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, we've talked about this internally.

One option is to essentially have 3 versions of the card image, all with the relevant parts in the same place, but just different vertical flips on different parts - one as you have already seen; one with everything correct orientation for controller; one with everything correct orientation for opponent. The hover-zoom could use one of the latter two (dependent on which player controls it) or it could just use the relevant one all the time on the board.

Another option is to have the hover-zoom just show the card twice, side by side - the controller view and opponent view.

We figured this was the kind of thing to wait for community feedback on, so thanks for getting the ball rolling.

I think it would be a great opportunity to improve the user interface/experience a bit..

When a player clicks on the card to view it, a separate box could appear to explicitly list all of the effects of the card and who they apply to, but this box could also list any effects that are temporarily being applied to the card, like when Threbin's ability is in use, when a card has ambush as a result of another effect, when there is a health or attack modification in effect, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992 View Post
    All neutral
    Perhaps the initial 20 are, but the fact that the ones we've seen explicitly say "Neutral Location" on them, it suggests that there will be some locations that can only be put in certain decks, depending on the Faction or Class.
    Last edited by Kross; 07-10-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    It is unclear if you're saying that the location cannot be played until the Turn condition is met, or if it simply cannot be active until the Turn condition is met
    Well, it is under the Location Summoning section, but I'll make it more explicit just in case. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should realize that designing card types that have a horizontal format is a really bad idea for the physical version, not for the difficulty of reading a text upside down (which can be solved by a correct layout design), but for the fact that you wonīt be able to correctly see the card while you have it in your hand, unless you flip it 90° which will obviously give your opponent some clue of what you have in hand. Even having it in vertical format but with the same layout concept will force you to flip it upside down when you want to read it, making the opponent know that it is a location card.
    I know that this kind of non-standard card design also exist in other TCGs (like the double-faced cards in MTG) or even in this game with the foiled cards, but I think you shouldnīt affect the game strategy only for a layout design, unless you donīt have any other option.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i dont know if there is a t10 location or even more.
    but still... a turn indicator would be great so there is one less thing to keep track off during the game.
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    i dont know if there is a t10 location or even more.
    but still... a turn indicator would be great so there is one less thing to keep track off during the game.
    I think they added one.. look closely at the screenshot, in the top right corner under the hero health and image, it looks like it says "T6 -Sacrifice"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can we destroy the location cards using item destruction?
    IGN: TJ Scout
    Telegram: @shubham1309

"Scout is a hacker we should report him" - SK Trinolcour

Team Juggernauts Recruitment Thread

Link to TJ forum
    IRC

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Here View Post
    Can we destroy the location cards using item destruction?
    I would think the answer is: No, but you can bury one under another to neutralize it, or take control of it, or - perhaps - destroy it with a new ability or card that targets locations.

They are cards of type: location, and not items, after all....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian