Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was seriously hoping that a system similar to Field Spells from Yu-Gi-Oh! in which that only one location can be on the board at one time I mean think about this logically.Both Players are at two different locations, I just thought that shadow era would of at least put that if a location is summoned while a location is on the board, that the first location is destroyed and the players enter a new location.. (Maybe I'm reading something wrong but that's my opinion.)
    IGN:PowerSlug
    Alts:00ZeroOrez00, Norroar The Spy
    Just incase u didn't know....

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MARIOBEATER View Post
    I was seriously hoping that a system similar to Field Spells from Yu-Gi-Oh! in which that only one location can be on the board at one time I mean think about this logically.Both Players are at two different locations, I just thought that shadow era would of at least put that if a location is summoned while a location is on the board, that the first location is destroyed and the players enter a new location.. (Maybe I'm reading something wrong but that's my opinion.)
    I think you might have read it wrong. Everything in play is either at some generic place that isn't represented by a special location with special abilities at all (empty location stack) or they are all at the same location (top of location stack). But rather than destroy each location as we go along, we make a stack so we can later manipulate that stack or refer to that stack - it really opens up the design space.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I went back and read the information again, seems like a system similar to Yu-Gi-Oh! but at the same time very interestingly different in which the abilities can be manipulated... All I know is that discard decks are getting a big boost with Lost Lands so it seems like soon we are gonna get serious graveyard recursion.(place don't implement Special Summoning even though aramia is the beginning of that lol.)
    IGN:PowerSlug
    Alts:00ZeroOrez00, Norroar The Spy
    Just incase u didn't know....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Locations seem like a really cool concept. The problem that I am struggling with is devoting precious deck space for these cards. I have a hard enough time trimming my decks for consistency without these situational plays which seem to have a lot of conditions. Gondorian, can you comment at all on the impact these have had on the closed beta meta? I am probably being to premature because only two have been displayed but I am a bit skeptical.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    Locations seem like a really cool concept. The problem that I am struggling with is devoting precious deck space for these cards. I have a hard enough time trimming my decks for consistency without these situational plays which seem to have a lot of conditions. Gondorian, can you comment at all on the impact these have had on the closed beta meta? I am probably being to premature because only two have been displayed but I am a bit skeptical.
    Sorry, I can't comment at all on the closed beta meta. But I will say that we're committed to finding that balance sweet spot for each location - where it is a worthy candidate for taking up your deck space without simply being so overpowered that you have no choice but to run it to compete.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Sorry, I can't comment at all on the closed beta meta. But I will say that we're committed to finding that balance sweet spot for each location - where it is a worthy candidate for taking up your deck space without simply being so overpowered that you have no choice but to run it to compete.
    If there is a generic location I imagine most people will run some Copies of it in Thier decks, even to just get rid of other ones
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Asazal View Post
    People may just have to make bigger decks
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks like this will change the aspects of the game.
    ​Member of Alpha Predator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    came by to say WOW!

big game changer if i ever saw one...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am waiying for a new campain/story mode