Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Client doesn't cancel waiting game when restarted

GONDORIAN'S NOTE: This was originally a reply to another thread, but has been moved to its own post to avoid confusion because it appears to be completely different issue.

I am sad to announce that this bug may not have been fixed. I waited maybe two minute, or three minutes to no avail. Upon restarting my app I have a game in progress and am forced to wait it out. Playing on an IPhone 4 s I believe
    Last edited by Gondorian; 07-08-2015 at 12:44 AM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijjis View Post
    I am sad to announce that this bug may not have been fixed. I waited maybe two minute, or three minutes to no avail. Upon restarting my app I have a game in progress and am forced to wait it out. Playing on an IPhone 4 s I believe
    Sounds like you closed the app rather than hitting Cancel, right? How is the server to know you aren't still waiting there? It doesn't poll your client to check you are still there. You have to hit Cancel to tell it you are no longer waiting. Doesn't sound like the same bug at all. Correct me if I have misunderstood what you are saying, please.

The bug that was fixed came about when you were within the client without restarting and for some reason it tried to put you in multiple games at the same time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I've moved this to its own thread because it's a completely separate issue, as far as I can tell.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry i misunderstood the situation regarding that bug and didn't read very carefully. I did neglect to mention that I wasn't able to quit and had to restart the APP. Another detail I remembered... I couldn't cancel because it had already started, I would open the menu, click challenge to get the prompt "are you sure you want to leave" Clicking yes collapsed the menu window and brought me back to the game screen where it would instantaneously re-prompt that the game has already started.

It was almost as if I was unable to target the top (what would you call it overlay, layer?) question box to select yes, leave game. It was as if I were instead clicking the cancel game button which was layered directly underneath. Does this make any sense?
    Last edited by Nijjis; 07-08-2015 at 07:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nijjis View Post
    Sorry i misunderstood the situation regarding that bug and didn't read very carefully. I did neglect to mention that I wasn't able to quit and had to restart the APP. Another detail I remembered... I couldn't cancel because it had already started, I would open the menu, click challenge to get the prompt "are you sure you want to leave" Clicking yes collapsed the menu window and brought me back to the game screen where it would instantaneously re-prompt that the game has already started.

It was almost as if I was unable to target the top (what would you call it overlay, layer?) question box to select yes, leave game. It was as if I were instead clicking the cancel game button which was layered directly underneath. Does this make any sense?
    It could be that several games had been created whereupon you needed to say Yes to leave each. I don't really know. This is quite a weird one. Thanks for the extra info.

How long did it take for the game to timeout in the end?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not really sure. I restarted to see if I could start another game but could not. then I decided to take a break.

Yeah the game is not recorded on my list either
    Last edited by Nijjis; 07-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One time when this happened to me, I did not close out the app, but logged in on a different account on a separate device. I think it had the 'game' in progress for nine minutes, but once it finally terminated there was nothing in the record to show that it happened.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian