Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

All my cards and experience are gone

I played this game a lot a few years ago. Then, life got crazy and I stopped. I've been back from time to time since then, and enjoyed a few games. Now, I came back and my cards and experience are all gone! They were all there a few days ago, but I emailed support to have them change my email address for login purposes (Stopped using my old college email account) and now it's like I'm a new user! I spent real money on shadow crystals and lots of time grinding against the AI to make the decks with the cards I bought/earned! Please help! I'm freaking out!

-Drew

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Message support again or PM gondorian. I believe that there is a new, fast support system so second option should not be necessary, and hopefully it will link to your previous support ticket so they have all the info
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi, Drew.

Usually, when somebody reports this problem it turns out that there was a typo or some problem with the email or password. If you haven't ever been able to log in successfully after you sent in the request to Support, it could be that they changed it incorrectly, or you are entering your email and or password incorrectly.

The noob account that you are seeing now is precisely a new account and not associated with your purchases, experience level, or deck lists in any way.

If you don't find a space, spelling, or punctuation problem with the email or password, you should write to support@shadowera.com from the email account that you have switched to. They should be able to fix everything.

Hope this helps.

a player
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate it. What's bothering me is something the customer support rep Aimee said to me in one of our correspondences. She said...

"Hi Drew, I changed your login email for you, and gave you 200 shadow crystals to get you started again. I noticed that your player name was recycled since you didn't use your account in a long time, so if you would like to change it you can visit http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?143-Support-Tools"

That doesn't mean they deleted my account did they? I mean, I'm pretty sure the other day when I logged in I still had my cards and what not. It would really suck if they decided to cancel accounts for inactivity, as people can't always play. Especially since you can spend, as I have, real money to buy cards. No, there's no way they'd do that to me, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnonstar
    I noticed that your player name was recycled since you didn't use your account in a long time, so if you would like to change it you can visit http://www.shadowera.com/content.php?143-Support-Tools"
    That doesn't mean they deleted the account. A while back they did a thing were they took the in game names of various accounts that had been inactive for a long time and replaced those names with the account number or something (so your IGN probably will appear something like 9384729, some random looking number), rather than your original user name. Account is still there, just the name was taken off of it to free up that user name for potential new users, just so that if there were players who had quit for good their names wouldn't be taking up possible names for future players.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you tried logging on with the old email?
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you PM me your old account email address and the new one, I can look into it tomorrow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome! PM sent. Thanks so much man! I hope we can get this figured out. When I try any other of my email address it says no accounts are associated with that email. So I'm pretty certain the email I had support change for me was the one I used way back when.

EDIT: Edited to apologize for getting back 2 days later, I was out of town on business. Would have been awesome to have it running on my phone for all the downtime I had
    Last edited by drewnonstar; 07-08-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Problem resolved. PEBKAC. I'm an idiot and apparently had another email I completely forgot about until the AWESOME customer service was able to look up an old ticket I had submitted from 5 years ago and find out the correct email. Shout outs to Aimee in support for dealing with my dumb self and Gondorian for looking in to it for me, and everyone else who gave me advice here. You guys are all the real MVPs. You can safely lock this thread now, haha. Thanks again!

Edit: to publicly shame myself... I once had an email account named SKAPunk@etc...
    Last edited by drewnonstar; 07-08-2015 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added relevant info