Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome!

Does the T2 on the location card represent that it only lasts for 2 turns?

Are locations 0CC?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe it can only be played on turn 2 or later and is free to play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Well the idea is that you'll probably never play this guy at full cost. You'll play him with a board full of other aldmor allies and significantly reduce his cost. Unless you're a jammy bastard and pull him with Nathanias :P

So yeah, I think Darkrath's days might be numbered in Gravebone decks...
    I would be surprised if this did anything to Dakrath's position, especially in Gravebone decks. Alongside Dakrath, maybe... Instead of Dakrath? I don't think so.

The only deck I can see this card played (outside Gravebone) is a Portal build and that's because a 6-7cc hasted 9/9 at the opposing hero can end games. In non-hasted decks you'd need something like a location that makes every ally and Aldmor ally and even then the Ancient doesn't count your opponent's allies. Even if you got it to like a 5 mana 9/9 (which is a christmas land in itself), that's not particularly great.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance just want to say TYVM for new 9/9 friend
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Lance just want to say TYVM for new 9/9 friend
    Net Trap!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    No, you previewed an ally with 7cc summoning cost, and 9/9 stats. He is still the ally with highest base attack yet.
    He only has 9 attack when an opposing hero has 9 SE though, otherwise his attack is going to be in the 0-3 range most of the time.

EDIT: No I guess its-X attack which will make the card a lot more viable/interesting.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    this looks exciting!

i'm going to be a bit greedy here and nudge the link in my signature though. i designed a card set like this a long time ago, lol! here's hoping maybe some ideas made it through!
    85-Card mini-set: Gate of the Steelbound.

So you want to take a poll? ∙ Affectionate TVTransvestite TwinRacist CowBag of Dicks

The pen is mightier than the sword, but actions speak louder than words.
    Knowledge is Power, Power Corrupts.
    Sometimes a little chaos is in order.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail
    I guess its-X attack which will make the card a lot more viable/interesting.
    Yes, starts at 9, then goes down by the highest number of SE of any opponent.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I would be surprised if this did anything to Dakrath's position, especially in Gravebone decks. Alongside Dakrath, maybe... Instead of Dakrath? I don't think so.

The only deck I can see this card played (outside Gravebone) is a Portal build and that's because a 6-7cc hasted 9/9 at the opposing hero can end games. In non-hasted decks you'd need something like a location that makes every ally and Aldmor ally and even then the Ancient doesn't count your opponent's allies. Even if you got it to like a 5 mana 9/9 (which is a christmas land in itself), that's not particularly great.
    Yeah you're probably right about him not replacing Dakrath. I was just being a bit melodramatic, what with all the this excitement. :P
    While I agree his usage might be limited, the fact that he's neutral is pretty cool, so we could still see him in a variety of decks (most likely when you least expect him to ruin your day).

Of course we shouldn't really be judging yet considering we've only seen two cards of the set. There could be some crazy Aldmor synergies we've yet to see!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Yeah you're probably right about him not replacing Dakrath. I was just being a bit melodramatic, what with all the this excitement. :P
    While I agree his usage might be limited, the fact that he's neutral is pretty cool, so we could still see him in a variety of decks (most likely when you least expect him to ruin your day).

Of course we shouldn't really be judging yet considering we've only seen two cards of the set. There could be some crazy Aldmor synergies we've yet to see!
    I would love to be pleasantly surprised. The archetypes I like playing aren't really liked, though, so I doubt it.