Close

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: v2.91

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After trying the client on Mac i want to say this is a great update! Thanks Wulven!
    Also, I repeat some suggestions and observations that haven't been addressed in 2.912

+ new font in chat is perfectly readable now, well done!
    + both IGN in game screen is great now!
    - if anything, i would suggest to make those IGN more readable.
    + chat has no problems in Mac client until now!
    - I would like the option to send private chats or chat messages to users, this may be useful to agree on passwords for custom games or to non english speakers who don't want to clutter the chat window.
    + Great to see "Unrated" instead of "Custom"
    -"Create" still isn't clear and gamers who didn't read the new features still don't know they can just start a game and wait for a random opponent. I'd suggest "Battle!" in unrated as well or "Join fight!" or something.
    -a great addition would be the possibility to freely click graveyard, opposing attachments etc even if it's not your turn or you are watching a game. Now that there are 3 sets and going for the 4th, we can't remember every card text and this would especially help new players to learn them.
    -while "Waiting for player", if you press the new menu button (bottom left) the menu is covered by the message "Waiting for a player" and the button "Cancel". Should be the other way around, or place the two elements in different areas of the screen so they don't overlap.
    -Cards also tend to go in front of the menu during animations, so the Main menu needs to be set on top of every other element in the screen.
    -When you make a search for "My Games", Rated and Unrated are not filtered, it would be important to separate the games instead so you can keep track of your rating or tourneys (will be obsolete with automated tourneys I hope...)
    -Glimmer of Hope does not say "target" in the text but it does require you to target cards, i would recommend a rewording or a rule change for this when interacting with Cinderborn Fatebreaker (GDC already knows about this).
    Last edited by alfa666; 07-13-2015 at 01:57 PM.
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa666 View Post
    After trying the client on Mac i want to say this is a great update! Thanks Wulven!
    Also, I repeat some suggestions and observations that haven't been addressed in 2.912

+ new font in chat is perfectly readable now, well done!
    + both IGN in game screen is great now!
    - if anything, i would suggest to make those IGN more readable.
    + chat has no problems in Mac client until now!
    - I would like the option to send private chats or chat messages to users, this may be useful to agree on passwords for custom games or to non english speakers who don't want to clutter the chat window.
    + Great to see "Unrated" instead of "Custom"
    -"Create" still isn't clear and gamers who didn't read the new features still don't know they can just start a game and wait for a random opponent. I'd suggest "Battle!" in unrated as well or "Join fight!" or something.
    -a great addition would be the possibility to freely click graveyard, opposing attachments etc even if it's not your turn or you are watching a game. Now that there are 3 sets and going for the 4th, we can't remember every card text and this would especially help new players to learn them.
    -while "Waiting for player", if you press the new menu button (bottom left) the menu is covered by the message "Waiting for a player" and the button "Cancel". Should be the other way around, or place the two elements in different areas of the screen so they don't overlap.
    -Cards also tend to go in front of the menu during animations, so the Main menu needs to be set on top of every other element in the screen.
    -When you make a search for "My Games", Rated and Unrated are not filtered, it would be important to separate the games instead so you can keep track of your rating or tourneys (will be obsolete with automated tourneys I hope...)
    -Glimmer of Hope does not say "target" in the text but it does require you to target cards, i would recommend a rewording or a rule change for this when interacting with Conderborn Fatebreaker (GDC already knows about this).
    Brilliant contribution +1
    Very constructive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Status Update
    Mac: LIVE with the autoupdate
    PC: LIVE with the autoupdate
    Apologies if this has been discussed previously - does Android have the auto-update feature as well?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa666 View Post

-Glimmer of Hope does not say "target" in the text but it does require you to target cards, i would recommend a rewording or a rule change for this when interacting with Conderborn Fatebreaker (GDC already knows about this).
    Since you have no control over what's going on on the opponent's turn, which could involve them moving stuff around or things being animated, we can't let you interact with their cards to reveal the graveyard or show attachments. The hover should work on their turn when not animating the cards and it will all work on your own turn. I agree it would be nice without this limitation and help new players. I just wanted to help you understand why it's not addressed and why it probably won't be. It's by no means a small feature and there are more pressing big features, right?

For Glimmer of Hope, I'll explain for the purpose of others trying to understand what that comment means: since Glimmer of Hope does not say "target" in its text and the meaning of "targeted ability" has been explained as requiring "target" in the text of the ability, Glimmer of Hope has been implemented to match that official ruling and therefore not trigger Cinderborn Fatebreaker (due to no mention of "target" - you just draw 3 and have to choose 2 to discard). There's no bug there and the ruling will not change, but based on feedback in 2.91 (as it flows in) the wording may get changed in a future update (with new CF-triggering implementation to match).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The hover should work on their turn when not animating the cards and it will all work on your own turn.
    Would it be possible to easily remove at least this limitation? It's very frustrating to have animations disrupt your hover reading.

It's by no means a small feature and there are more pressing big features, right?
    I imagined it was no small piece of development, I just wanted to throw it in, in case a lucky solution was feasible with no major dev effort. If nothing can be done for the moment then it's not a significant problem, I agree other features are way more important and urgent.

Thanks for your reply!
    IGN: AA1 Alfa666
    Guildless amateur, for the moment being.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Put the UI from world on the other screens as well. I really like it, and it would let you check your deck before a match
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used the chat today on pc and agains after aroumd 300 messages it stopped working/Couldn't see new messages/couldn't write new ones.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but cards will fly over the menu while its open in a match. Also, I think the menu should close when any area outside of it is clicked

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    iOS update: more Unity bugs and slowdowns thanks to Apple's new 64bit requirement. It'll be another day at least before I can optimize it and the iOS version can be submitted for beta testers. Then a few days for beta testing, and then submission and waiting for review for the live version. So we're looking at maybe 9+ more days before public iOS version is out. Want it sooner? You can sign up for the iOS beta by emailing kyle@wulven.com

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but cards will fly over the menu while its open in a match. Also, I think the menu should close when any area outside of it is clicked
    This should be a new animation for when you start games. Cards fly out of your deck and into your hand in a big spinny motion
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง