Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the reponses. It's good to know that Card Rulings will continue.

I've often wondered about some of the old crew. Does AnaDolt pop in occasionally for a quick match or to troll the forums under a secret identity? Do the design team members get burned out, or do they move on to better-paying jobs? I would like to think some of them would still keep occasional tabs on the game and it's community. I mean: what's not to love?

As for the rest of the questions: is there any chance of some 'when', 'why' type of explanation or anything? Something that shows what is being weighed or considered, or whatever?

I mean, I really would like the contract to be fulfilled, where:
    We put down money and encouraged others to do likewise.
    We put in effort towards a common goal.
    We invested our selves, or our attention and consideration.

Doesn't the community deserve to be kept informed and up-to-date?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Kaos: You were a WA finalist, weren't you? Did you ever get any kind of follow up or wait list notification?
    I never was part of it to begin with.

To add more onto my statement. I understand that Wulven is small and have limited resources, but there gets to be a point where things are taking far too long.

My biggest issue with the game is the whole "no errata after physical". I would just drop future production of new physical product from here on out. I will applaud you for taking a huge endeavor of releasing both a digital game and a companion physical product. However, both the CotC and DP physical product deliveries have been plagued with many issues. Some of which are still trying to be cleaned up, even today. The physical market is already pretty saturated, so trying to get another one into the fray, especially one from a small company and one that does not have the best outreach probably wouldn't work out right now.

I would focus entirely on the digital game. Shadow Era was ahead of the pack at its time being an original (Mostly), full scale, cross platform TCG. Now we have games like Hearthstone, SolForge, and Duel of Champions to compete with who do the same thing. Shadow Era was out a few years before these were even a thing. If anything, Shadow Era should of been the model, and not be the one lagging behind. I personally felt the game has lacked a lot of polish for a while now, and only recently, has it caught up.

The first and foremost one is the recent addition of the Launcher for the Mac/PC versions. That should of happened a long time ago. Having to manually update the game by having to install a completely new copy of it seems very antiquated. The little pop-up window asking what resolution size you want before the game runs also seems antiquated as well. Something like that should be integrated into the game options itself, and allow them to be changed while the game is running.

The UI still needs some polish in some areas. Having a small little blue box tucked in the corner to access the menu is not the most intuitive thing IMO. I would much rather see some kind of Main Menu for navigation and having some type of more noticeable Back or Menu button in the corner to bring you back to that screen. Also, while in the game, I dislike how the Skip Sacrifice, Cancel Targeting, and End Turn Button are all so close to each other in placement. It makes it very easy to fat finger.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @Kaos Dark - We would lock sets down whether they were physical or not. Physical just offers a clear deadline for it, which is great because without a deadline we would be tempted to tinker forever, which can be very confusing for returning players and even currently active ones. I think it's great for players to know that CotC and DP will not change. Tinkering forever also wastes development time, thinking about all said changes and the implications as well as coding and testing them.

In terms of problem wordings, we have two approaches:

1) Where cards are ambiguous, we offer clarifications or revise the wordings in the digital game to make them clearer (which is effectively just a translation from English into Better English).

2) Where cards are not ambiguous, we make them perform as specified. IF any card ever becomes such a problem that it ruins the game, we will simply ban it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magorules View Post
    What's happening in July?
    Hopefully you've seen something already:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?35160-v2-91

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Era-Lost-Lands

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes,great news!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    The advert is being released in july, when is the set?
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fionn Maccumhail View Post
    The advert is being released in july, when is the set?
    If you trace back to the original quote, I was referring to forum activity stepping up in July.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Way to hijack a thread!

Without answering any of my questions, or even my Card Ruling question from April.

You've been doing great at the bug fixing and new set development, so I may forgive you this one time....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Way to hijack a thread!

Without answering any of my questions, or even my Card Ruling question from April.

You've been doing great at the bug fixing and new set development, so I may forgive you this one time....
    Hijack? I just respond to what's here! Not so much hijacking as derailment!

I thought I'd answered many of your questions. The card ruling are still on my list. It's been a busy week, as you can imagine.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Np

I haven't even found a complete list of the WA contestants, but they included Preybird and Pandevmonium, Shadowryou and Betrayal4Life.
    Last edited by a player; 07-05-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian