Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Last edited by a player; 06-29-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Shattered Fates flavor text contest
    Started in December of 2013, this one garnered more than a dozen pages of submissions from the community. I thought the winners were to be announced when SF went Live, but we're still waiting for... ...what, exactly? All artwork to be final? The cards in the contest already had artwork when it started. Physical cards? Why? Many of the contestants seem to have moved on or become inactive, which is kinda understandable when you consider how long it's been.
    Yeah this one is an odd one. I understand Wulven are working on bigger things than adding a little bit of text at the bottom of each card, however it seems like such an easy thing to do (especially with how card art is server side now) and as you said, this one was time sensitive and the time has looooong past. I guess Wulven would only get a load of "about time"s and "took you long enough"s for their trouble at this point...

Now imagine if exam results took this long...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Gondorian/Kyle,

I don't think I have ever written a post regarding my concern over the game activity before... but here it goes.

I'm generally not one to complain. However, I really do love this game and have stuck by it like so many others. I came on before DP and there was a lot of activity and buzz going on in this game. I, like others, have questioned not only the speed in which updates and new cards are released, but the overall ability of Wulven Studios to run a successful gaming company.

Shattered Fates, from a set standpoint is great. I love the design and everything in it.

However.....

I put up with no card art for quite some time. I realize that this takes time to do dealing with the artists and all that, but this is getting into a ridiculous time frame. I always try to be patient regarding these kind of issues but I don't feel there is many excuses that could be given at this point.

DT balancing issues. Either speed this up OR get rid of the "no digital card tweaking". I know this will cause complications with the physical cards, but the speed of release is the cancer of this game. It's quite literally driving this game into the ground. There should be at least 3 complete expansions by now and another one in the works (or UI upgrades, or campaigns, or whatever). And I mean completed, not posts with screenshots that we will never see.

I'm not saying this is easy work.... but this is the responsibility someone takes on when starting a gaming a company, especially one that makes TCG's/CCG's.

I'm sad....

I'm sad because activity on this forum is minimal. It used to be a hotbed of activity and drama.... in a lot of ways overshadowing my actual social media at the time.

I'm sad because a game I truly love and have spent so much time with has had no activity/additions/expansions in a quite some time and it appears it won't get any better.

I'm sad because I love the game mechanics in this game and there isn't really another one that plays like it in the Android Market. Sure there are other CCG's and I have tried them, but they just haven't "done it" for me.

I'm sad because I wanted this game to succeed, but if it feels like the devoted players want this more than the Wulven themselves.

Thank You,

Darrkloki
    IGN: Darrkloki

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with everything main poster said. I'd like to be updated too and I'm really exciting & waiting for the Legendary card, Legendary hero, & the alternate art. I really invested with that in mind.
    Custom Card Design - Warlock Expansion

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkloki View Post
    Hi Gondorian/Kyle,

I don't think I have ever written a post regarding my concern over the game activity before... but here it goes.

I'm generally not one to complain. However, I really do love this game and have stuck by it like so many others. I came on before DP and there was a lot of activity and buzz going on in this game. I, like others, have questioned not only the speed in which updates and new cards are released, but the overall ability of Wulven Studios to run a successful gaming company.

Shattered Fates, from a set standpoint is great. I love the design and everything in it.

However.....

I put up with no card art for quite some time. I realize that this takes time to do dealing with the artists and all that, but this is getting into a ridiculous time frame. I always try to be patient regarding these kind of issues but I don't feel there is many excuses that could be given at this point.

DT balancing issues. Either speed this up OR get rid of the "no digital card tweaking". I know this will cause complications with the physical cards, but the speed of release is the cancer of this game. It's quite literally driving this game into the ground. There should be at least 3 complete expansions by now and another one in the works (or UI upgrades, or campaigns, or whatever). And I mean completed, not posts with screenshots that we will never see.

I'm not saying this is easy work.... but this is the responsibility someone takes on when starting a gaming a company, especially one that makes TCG's/CCG's.

I'm sad....

I'm sad because activity on this forum is minimal. It used to be a hotbed of activity and drama.... in a lot of ways overshadowing my actual social media at the time.

I'm sad because a game I truly love and have spent so much time with has had no activity/additions/expansions in a quite some time and it appears it won't get any better.

I'm sad because I love the game mechanics in this game and there isn't really another one that plays like it in the Android Market. Sure there are other CCG's and I have tried them, but they just haven't "done it" for me.

I'm sad because I wanted this game to succeed, but if it feels like the devoted players want this more than the Wulven themselves.

Thank You,

Darrkloki
    I completely understand what you are saying and agree with most of it.

I totally agree that the art should never have taken this long. Thankfully, 2.91 will finally put art on every single SF card!

I agree that ongoing balancing of a set should not take so long, but that was only done because we could. Sure, we could have left everything in same balance as of 2.88, which WC2015 used, and it would have saved us some work, but the community demands buffs and nerfs and they are usually right. Locking down the cards when they still don't have the art isn't really required. Certainly, I would have a hard time justifying making no changes when I can see improvements can be made.

I get the impression you think the extra balancing has negatively impacted progress on future sets. In terms of time soaked up by balance analysis and implementing balance changes, it's pretty small, and usually to have some pay-off in current work. For example, a reasonable number of SF balance changes since January have been made with set 4 in mind. If SF was already locked down, it would be limiting set 4. Yes, running with "overlapping" development has been a lot of work, but it's going to lead to a better product overall.

As for forum activity, there's a lot of factors involved there. Guild forums, telegram, people actually playing rather than coming to the forum. Sure, some people went to play other games, but I think things are going to step up here in July. Hopefully you will return to the forum soon and see some of that!

Cheers!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think this thread is fine. It's constructive and helps us confirm what the community is still waiting on and cares about. It would also be helpful if people want to give their priorities on what they think should be delivered first and why.
    you and your politics. years have passed and you say 'we care about what the community is still waiting on' for the things that should've been accomplished 'as promised' long ago.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think things are going to step up here in July.
    What's happening in July?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see any reason to be combative. While I do not know how or why things seem to drop in priority until they appear to fall from the radar screen, I am looking for actual updates - and eventually actual deliverables - on these items.

Suppose that Kyle is working within a budget, and trying to grow this game in an efficient manner. Maybe he pays himself $100/hr for programming, but also donates some time as a sort of hobby. Adding support for exclusive cards could have proven to be too expensive, or could be part of the 3.0 framework....

Or maybe disgruntled customers made such a stink about some of this stuff that Kyle just doesn't feel like rewarding them.

Being surly doesn't strike me as a winning strategy, here.

Does anyone know of anything else that should be added to this list?
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post

Does anyone know of anything else that should be added to this list?
    Seth and Orange Hat Guy

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kross View Post
    Seth and Orange Hat Guy
    Their contracts ended about two years ago.