Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Whatever happened to...

Wulven Apprentice competition
    I think it might be two years since the last phase began. It was understandable when Kyle said he needed to make the final decisions himself without community involvement. Still, it's been a looong time!

Shattered Fates flavor text contest
    Started in December of 2013, this one garnered more than a dozen pages of submissions from the community. I thought the winners were to be announced when SF went Live, but we're still waiting for... ...what, exactly? All artwork to be final? The cards in the contest already had artwork when it started. Physical cards? Why? Many of the contestants seem to have moved on or become inactive, which is kinda understandable when you consider how long it's been.

Soulbound Angel digital exclusive card
    It's becoming hard to remember or keep track of this stuff, but I'm pretty sure this card and the split persona Carmila were to be implemented digitally for Dark Prophecies pre-orderers. What happened?

Shattered Fates Kickstarter rewards
    I suppose we shouldn't clamber for Alternate Art when there are still holes in the SF set, but this was funded quite a while ago. There were some screw-ups where people voted for stuff that was already promised in the Duel Decks. Perhaps there could be a new backer survey? Other reward tiers were also reached, but the list may have been misplaced. What happened, any update?

There are in fact two different classes of deliverables pending from the Kickstarter:
    Backers were promised things such as a digital art book, alt. art allies, custom card sleeves, depending upon their pledge level. Any word on these?
    Everyone was promised that the funding would bring new features to the game, such as 2v2, FFA, a new soundtrack. How are these developing? Any news or previews?

Campaign scenario contest
    Campaigns are to be an exciting feature of Shadow Era 3.0 Must we wait until then, or can we have a sneak peek?

AI development tool and contest, Dark Prophecies and Shattered Fates incorporation into AI

Lore development and backstory
    The revamped map of Balor appeared to be really well done. I'd love to know more about who lives where, allegiances and enmities, and all.

(Searching this website no longer yields detailed info about the DP preorder. Several pages may have been deleted, and some threads truncated.)

Player-to-player card auction marketplace
    The elephant in the room since 2011, this always seems to be coming soon, just over the horizon. At one point the card market was proclaimed 95% complete, before sinking back into the depths. It was resurrected as one the enhancements that would come with the release of Shattered Fates, along with a tournament system, in-game player profiles, and guild and league support.

Where do these appear on the current roadmap?

Anyone have any others?

Updates:

Card Rulings section response

Card Rulings are up-to-date!

Large Forum Avatars
    The second pre-order offered a bunch of stretch goals. A few insiders have had these large avatars for a few years, now. Actually, it appears this was already enabled a while back, but few of us got around to implementing them
    Maps and Lore
    Excellent preview from Lost Lands. Gondorian refers to the new map, and ties in to Lore and Flavor Text.[FONT=Comic Sans MS]

Carmila and Soulbound Angel
    Reported by Kyle during a global chat session, Carmilla and Soul-bound Angel will be appearing in the upcoming campaigns. The angel will start as an ally of the player, already on the field. Carmilla will be an opposing boss. Tourneys and some of the kickstarter bennies should arrive with them.

Kickstarter Rewards
    Reported by Gondorian near the end of this thread: The exclusive sleeves and playmats for Shattered Fates backers are now here, and didn't even require a software update.

Flavor Text Contest winners
    Let no one say 'they took two years to announce the winners', because it was only twenty-one months since the entry deadline until the results came back! Hey! I won immortality for Irina, Guardian of the Swan.
    Last edited by a player; 10-24-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed with everything.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kaos: You were a WA finalist, weren't you? Did you ever get any kind of follow up or wait list notification?

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What stuff has been missed in the Card Rulings section? I reply to all of those that I see.

As for the rest, I think it's a case of some things being reprioritised and others just taking longer than expected.

There's been a lot of investment in what I'd call the core elements of the game - card bug fixes, client stability, reconnection feature, better challenge screen, dynamic resource loading and of course card balancing - which usually has not been as straightforward as hoped, but I think the core of the game is now in a great state. Behind the scenes, the 4th set has been designed, implemented and playtested for some months too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    " another provocative thread"
    this is what wulven calls this type of threads. experienced in the first place.i know it's sad.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    " another provocative thread"
    this is what wulven calls this type of threads. experienced in the first place.i know it's sad.
    I think this thread is fine. It's constructive and helps us confirm what the community is still waiting on and cares about. It would also be helpful if people want to give their priorities on what they think should be delivered first and why.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please don't get me wrong, as I appreciate the stuff that has been happening. However, I don't think my list is by any means exhaustive, and I imagine many of us might enjoy an occasional update or notice of reprioritisation.

@GDC: aren't there about a dozen CR questions that haven't been answered? It seems like once they scroll out of the top three positions they get no response at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So my weird question is, is it possible to pick Carmila and Soulbound Angel from the "pick a card"? They have numbers after all...

As for priorities... version 3.0 with campaigns comes first, my DP pre-order digital exclusive content comes in second and all the rest i couldn't care less (i think I did participate in the flavoured text contest but i already had forgot about it and I'm clueless about the prizes).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    @GDC: aren't there about a dozen CR questions that haven't been answered? It seems like once they scroll out of the top three positions they get no response at all.
    Alright, there's more there than I was aware of. Some became bug reports (raised by me and fixed by me), but others just didn't get an answer. I've added processing some of the unanswered ones to my todo list. If you want to be unofficial tracker of unanswered rulings to help me not miss any then your help would be appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosmiker View Post
    So my weird question is, is it possible to pick Carmila and Soulbound Angel from the "pick a card"? They have numbers after all...
    No, they were only sold exclusively with the preorders. Pick a card only covers cards you can get in the booster packs (CotC/DP/SF) and Premium Foil Packs.