Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Scriptures is getting nerfed too?!? Sunofa.....

Well, back to the drawing board. It's been fun though. I've reallly enjoyed watching your games. Especially the one against Ashius. I think it was either turn 8 or 9, you're deck just took off. And then the following turn you did around 20 points of damage. You could've done more but but the game was already over. That made me LOL.

I've been thinking that after the update maybe I could try turning it into a big utility deck. Throw in some Twilights since they work with Conviction too. Eidolon, Headdress and Herald could help to build up one super bad ally and possibly cause fatal damage in one turn...
    The Moon, Venus and Jupiter aligned to form a smiley face on May 16th 2010

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Congratultions Morbius! Last I checked I think you had a rating of 324. I think you may even be undefeated so far this season. It's really awesome to see you having so much success with your deck. And in the games I've watched, you're not just beating your opponents, you're mopping the floor with them! Really really fun to watch. I hope you continue to do well.

I'm kinda surprised I haven't noticed more people try out this idea. They're missing out on a lot of fun. Perhaps the pending nerfs are a turn off for some players. I'm not sure if anyone has watched boydark play. He's currenlty ranked in the top 10 I think. His deck is very similar to this one except he's using Lance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nah, I was defeated once this season, the very first game against a noob who played Eladwen. He got lucky and managed to keep fighting for the board until my cards ran out. However, I had the winning move for 12 damage right in my hand, but I realized it too late. Oh well, it happens.

My highest rating was 334 this morning, but the next game I got "game has already started" bug and dropped all the way to 316. However, these are the early season ratings, they really mean nothing, I saw a guy with 400, lol. I'll try tweaking the deck so it survives the next patch, but it will be weakened for sure. CoF + Strength of Conviction combo on turn 3 cannot really be well replaced with anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Would a road less traveled on a zealot mystic work for draw? Im thinking of replacing the COF with maybe road less traveled and another surprise attack. I havent even played the deck tho. Also, even though it is fun, how important is the justicar combo?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Morbius uses Road Less Travelled in his deck, so he would be better in answering that. It sounds good to me though. Try it out. I've been running with 3 Surprise Attack, and that seems to be working well for me. You don't want to get stuck with nothing but attachments in your hand and nothing to cast it on. Besides it kinda expensive without Zailen in play, although it comes in extremely useful at times. Early game I usually end up sacrificing it.

The cape combo can be a lifesaver. Although I rarely use it to attack 3 times, being able to ready any Templar the same turn it's summoned is extremely useful. Especially if you've lost control of the board. You just have to try it out for yourself. What works for one player, may not for someone else.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Road Less Travelled is too situational and too costly for any sort of reliable draw, I just use one in my deck and I sacrifice it more often than not.

Since the 2.91 patch I've removed Scriptures and put in two Midnight Sentinels for ally survivability and extra damage. They are the first non-templar allies in the deck, but I'm thinking of adding a Sorcerer for the much needed item destruction. We'll see how everything goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I removed road less traveled too, trying to run it with CoF even in new patch. We'll see how it goes but not playing at the same rating as Morbius so it might work out for me. I tried scriptures but wasn't for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's good too see that at least a couple of players are still hopeful of the potential of this deck. If I remember correctly, a certain someone said that this deck would be killed completely by the last update. I don't wanna mention who...but his name rhymes with Norbius. Well Norbius, all you gotta do is check out a few of Laserburn's matches and you'll see he's still kicking butt and takin names!

I've used Midnight Sentinel in another Ythan build I had. Of course he has great synnergy with Ythan's ability and Surprise Attack. I never thought of trying him in this deck. I was kinda fixated on Templars only, but you have to adapt with the changes in order to remain competitive.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck is still sort of OK, I'm still winning more than losing, but the days of its dominance are over. Nerf to the draw engine has been hard and since this deck needs cards to draw more cards, too often I end up with an empty hand.