Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hire CEO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hire CEO

I really loved this game and I hate to see it die, do I really think you guys need to hire a competent business person. It was one of my first real CCG's and there's sentimental value there, but I've noticed the game is slowly dying. People are moving on to the companies and card games that can deliver them a better experience. With the degrading artwork, the slow update times, the miserable customer service, broken promises, and everything else I don't blame them. You can make a great game Kyle, but you don't know how to run a business. There are dedicated players, but those players eventually have an they need, new players is what a game needs to survive, otherwise those dedicated players eventually earn everything and have no reason to contribute to the game through purchases. I'm sure you've noticed the decrease in profits. It's probably the reason you're offering all of the sales, as attempts to generate money from a dying game. I don't think it's lost yet though. We need new content and not 2 years down the road we need it regularly otherwise we have no reason to spend money here. And without that, this game will definitely die. Maybe I'm just the crazy guy on the sidewalk preaching of a doomsday, but I earnestly think the end is near if you don't start taking this seriously.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with the sentiments here. Shadow era is an amazing game but it needs a better business manager
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The exact same considerations have been posted by other players multiple times in the past; I'm sorry to say that not much has changed since then or -better said- the frequency with which new content/cards comes up is maybe even worse.
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The obsession of being perfect and getting it on every single card will be its downfall. They made a terrible decision of not changing cards one they are printed (mistake no2, print). It goes against all young businesses' model -- being flexible and the willingness to risk making mistakes and fixing them then move on. Amen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As much as I hate to be the bear of bad news this is going to be marked off and ignored as a troll post. I do agree with this post.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Problem is money is needed to hire CEO. But CEO is needed to make money. Vicious circle.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I don't get why people make out that there have not been improvements over the past 12 months. Lots of them. The game's on a good trajectory.

Sure, taking on an experienced CEO who wanted to work for free about 4 years ago would have been a great idea, but likely an experienced CEO is not going to want to work for a small start-up indie company or work for free. But hiring one now and for actual money? No way. We don't need one. There's a plan in place and it's being delivered on with every update.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be nice if we could support the developers by giving them praise instead of telling them how to do their job. The game is vastly improving, just because development may be slow doesn't mean the game isn't going to be the best it can be.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the game is not dying. it's dead. instead of a new (frequently released) set wulven just nerfs / buffs the cards the game already has calling this an "update" ( oh only SF ones) just to make us believe that the company is working so hard to give us something. sf was released more than a year ago and the art is still not complete. the new set may be released within 2 years and i'm not sure if it's gonna have some art. the veterans are leaving the game and top players are matched with very low ranked players cus there is none left above. while there is so much competition in the ccg market, wulven seems to be softening up on it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, that's it. I quit.