Close

Thread: Game Defeat Bug

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Game Defeat Bug

Within the past 10 games I've played, I have encountered numerous players that somehow receive a victory while I am defeated, resulting in a rating loss. The turn Immediately before I attack my opponent for victory the game freezes and I lose.
    I searched online and it appears many players are experiencing the same issue.
    Some of these are highly ranked players that are using this defeat bug, I'll spend so much time to beat these players and then lose due to this defeat bug. Is there a way to get my rank back up from those unfair games?
    I'm rated 287 (should be around 292 or higher) and the 2 years I've been playing has been great! I quit playing this game about 4 months ago due to college and recently decided to play again, but the players are corrupt now. The more I try to rank up the more I encounter players ultilizing this glitch to win. I'm trying to make the top 100, but all this wasted time is making it impossible.
    How can players expect to make it to the top when the top players are winning games they should be losing?
    Are players cheating to win? What is going on?
    Please respond promptly.
    Thank you!
    - Durfs

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Durfs View Post
    Within the past 10 games I've played, I have encountered numerous players that somehow receive a victory while I am defeated, resulting in a rating loss. The turn Immediately before I attack my opponent for victory the game freezes and I lose.
    I searched online and it appears many players are experiencing the same issue.
    Some of these are highly ranked players that are using this defeat bug, I'll spend so much time to beat these players and then lose due to this defeat bug. Is there a way to get my rank back up from those unfair games?
    I'm rated 287 (should be around 292 or higher) and the 2 years I've been playing has been great! I quit playing this game about 4 months ago due to college and recently decided to play again, but the players are corrupt now. The more I try to rank up the more I encounter players ultilizing this glitch to win. I'm trying to make the top 100, but all this wasted time is making it impossible.
    How can players expect to make it to the top when the top players are winning games they should be losing?
    Are players cheating to win? What is going on?
    Please respond promptly.
    Thank you!
    - Durfs
    Yea I'm having same issue
    BP Scump
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness Reborn
    King of the Aldmor Lands
    "Let the Bells of the Aldmor Ring Loud"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    What version of the game and in what platform are you playing?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hmm ive had one game that seemed to abruptly end in my loss when i was very much in the lead.. chocked it up to be a glitch, but if this is something players are deliberately causing.. well that would just be a big disappointment!

id like to know more on the issue.

-AA

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Games I play will result in a defeat even though I'm about to win; My opponent will clearly have no options out to the cards on board and on their turn my game freezes for about 1 min and a defeat message pops up.
    This has happened many times the past few days, but within the past 10 games I've played I remember 2 exact games, one was against gwenneth has 5 health quits on his turn (username ROK Arteia), another moonstalker with 5 health quits on his turn (username KOHFUNK).
    If I had the time I'd go back and check every other game this occurred, it can be time consuming though.
    Check the recorded games I played against "ROK ARteia" and "KOHFUNK".
    "Durfs vs ROK Arteia" and "Durfs vs KOHFUNK"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kosmiker.
    I'm using the Shadow era launcher and playing on my Windows laptop.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you email support@shadowera.com they can advise as to whether there were server issues at the time of your games, which would explain the loss of connection and subsequent Defeat screen. There is no way for an opponent to force you to lose connection, so it's more likely either our fault (server issues that day - which are rare, but do occasionally happen) or your internet connection.