Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Healthy Living Thread (aka Get Ready For Summer For Reals)

Hello!

You've probably all seen Kyle's Get Ready For Summer thread by now, but I figured we should also have a thread that is actually about getting healthier rather than just getting an awesome deal on digital Shadow Era stuff!

Background: Over the past six or seven weeks, I've been trying to get healthier - eating more sensibly and doing exercise - and am now starting to see results, which feels great! But I know there must be other people in this community either doing the same or in need of a push to get started on the healthier lifestyle journey, so I've put up this thread so that myself and others can share any resources we have found helpful.

I'll start off with a video I just found about 5 foods to never eat if you are trying to lose weight. This totally fits with what I thought I already knew, so it's great to just be able to share a video from experts rather than me try to type it up.

I don't agree with the idea of never ever ever eating them in your life, but the point is that while you are trying to lose weight then never eat them because it will work against your efforts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Credit for this next video should mostly go to ETC jcbow and Veles - jcbow told me about the scientific 7-minute workout and then Veles found this cool video for it. I started doing the 7-minute workout daily about a month ago.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a good video.
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Many of us - like me - love our meats...chickens, beef, you name it. Unfortunately they have a lot of fats which is why its so delicious but they also contain proteins which you actually need. I'm not saying to cut them out altogether but cutting down the portions and adding brown rice into your diet can keep the protein levels up while cutting the greasy fats down.
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Many of us - like me - love our meats...chickens, beef, you name it. Unfortunately they have a lot of fats which is why its so delicious but they also contain proteins which you actually need. I'm not saying to cut them out altogether but cutting down the portions and adding brown rice into your diet can keep the protein levels up while cutting the greasy fats down.
    Turkey is your friend!

I just found this btw: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...eat-guide.html

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Turkey is your friend!

I just found this btw: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...eat-guide.html
    Turkey is for weekends when you can take an afternoon nap ;-)
    IGN: TJ jonmaciel
    TG: @jonmaciel

Elder, Mentoring Officer

ShadowEra.Net Editor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What singer is on pushups?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pushups rotations looks pretty hard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Peeling off the skin off your chicken and spitting out unnecessarily big clumps of fat can go a long way with eating meat. At the end of the day your body needs some animal fats too, so consuming some won't hurt ya. The sturdy part of the meat on its own is very rich in protein and eating that will only be of benefit to you as far as getting in shape. Aaaand it's all about how hard you push yourself afterwards if you choose to indulge in more fats.

Also a lot of the bad fat comes from what we choose to put on our pan before putting anything in it. I'm talking cooking oil. I myself prefer coconut or macadamia oil, these contain good amounts of the right fatty acids, antioxidants and vitamins. These outshine some random oil you pick out without even thinking much about it. This might seem like a little thing, but if you put some shit on your pan EVERY DAY, it's going to have great effect on your body, so think twice about it next time you're at the grocery store picking out cooking oil.
    Embrace The Catnip

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starval View Post
    Turkey is for weekends when you can take an afternoon nap ;-)
    I mean turkey breast chunks. It's very filling, low in fat and low in calories.