Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Anyone still get issue of waiting for opponent when you win?

There was a long-standing complaint (quite rightly so) that, when you deal the killing blow, you might have to wait 2 or more minutes "waiting for opponent..." before you got the victory, which was usually because they had rage quit. I believe it was resolved as part of the reconnection feature that was added. Anyone still get it though?

World Champion 2015
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had two usual issues, one of which was that I encountered myself in the quick match when I was playing on iPhone and one of which was that I was waiting on the "waiting for searching opponents" interface while I actually was matched into a game.
    General of Triumph
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Had it happen once, opponent rage quit after activating his aramia ability but never chose an artifact, leaving me waiting at least 3 or 5 minutes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince19992 View Post
    I had two usual issues, one of which was that I encountered myself in the quick match when I was playing on iPhone and one of which was that I was waiting on the "waiting for searching opponents" interface while I actually was matched into a game.
    OK, that's a separate thing that is fixed in next version. I'm talking about the annoying situation in the past where you win and then have to wait 2 or more minutes before you get the Victory screen.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Schisman vs A1 Flibber.

2-4 minute wait at the end. Some of the time was waiting until the end of his turn before the rage quit though so it might just be that.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd have to win first, but I'll try
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    a1 flibber vs TJ Segalion- over 2 minute disconnect timer following rage quit/disconnect.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I am experiencing a different kind of issue.
    Games I play will result in a defeat even though I'm about to win; My opponent will clearly have no options out to the cards on board and on their turn my game freezes for about 1 min and a defeat message pops up.
    This has happened many times the past few days, but within the past 10 games I've played I remember 2 exact games, one was against gwenneth has 5 health quits on his turn (username ROK Arteia), another moonstalker with 5 health quits on his turn (username KOHFUNK).
    If I had the time I'd go back and check every other game this occurred, it can be time consuming though.
    ^ Those are 2 examples that can be checked into; anyone else having this happen?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Durfs View Post
    I am experiencing a different kind of issue.
    Games I play will result in a defeat even though I'm about to win; My opponent will clearly have no options out to the cards on board and on their turn my game freezes for about 1 min and a defeat message pops up.
    This has happened many times the past few days, but within the past 10 games I've played I remember 2 exact games, one was against gwenneth has 5 health quits on his turn (username ROK Arteia), another moonstalker with 5 health quits on his turn (username KOHFUNK).
    If I had the time I'd go back and check every other game this occurred, it can be time consuming though.
    ^ Those are 2 examples that can be checked into; anyone else having this happen?
    Hi. Those 2 games are both flagged as ending with the "expired" status which implies you lost connection. Assuming you did lose connection, then that would explain exactly what you saw. Do you ever get the 60-second Disconnect timer come up? I notice you are playing on PC - is it a wired connection to the internet?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I never got the disconnect timer, the game just freezes. I can't even chat with the other player, I can't do anything. Everything works fine until I'm about to win. Does it not seem suspicious that I lose connection before I'm about to win? This has happened many times in other games and it's ALWAYS the turn before or the turn I'm going to win.
    I'm using a laptop with wireless connection.