Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Power Rangers Lance [Kylt]

Do you like Power Rangers?

Wanna see it in Shadow Era?

..yes?

Here's the deck of the team of super heroes, at competitive level!

Power Ranger Lance AKA Nathanias Lance

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (28)***
    4x Aldon the Brave (Alt Art)
    4x Night Owl
    4x Raven Wildheart
    2x Gaderi Reaver
    4x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Eriss Fateweaver
    4x Nathanias, People's Champion

***Abilities (4)***
    4x Stop, Thief!

***Armors (1)***
    1x Spelleater Bands

***Weapons (6)***
    3x Anklebreaker
    3x Spirit Shuriken

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

Don't underestimate this deck. This is one of my best decks I've ever built. I've had so much fun with this and I'm sure many of you will feel the same way.

The original 5.

Aldon-Red
    Night Owl-Yellow
    Raven (and Sorcerer)-Green
    Aeon-Blue
    Viska-Pink

The latecomers (but very powerful!)

Eriss-Gold
    Nathanias-Silver

TBH, I didn't choose these guys based on Power Rangers. I chose each of them because they are good and fits the strategy. Then I started playing this deck and realised that I have a team of coloured heroes in my hand! YESSSS!!!

How to play

This deck is SOOOO easy to play. That's the biggest reason why I play this deck so often.

1. Sac every turn up to 7 or 8. (skip saccing if you stop thief)
    2. Play cards that matches your res count.

That's it. No brainer. Just play what you've got. They'll do you the job!

Serious analysis

First of all, this deck works. Why? Because most of the decks are not equipped to deal with fatty roll. Human fatties have strong abilities and high survivability, and requires specific cards to deal with them. Playing them in a row will exhausts opponent and you will win forcefully.

No draw engines? You don't need them because every card you draw is powerful and you can expect 1:2 trade. If both of the players are in top decking mode, it's almost certain that you win.

Why x4 of unique cards? Well, because they are the best for their costs. If you don't like it, you can add some Growing Bog-dweller to eat your own unique allies to play new one from hand. But it has worked out fine up till now without GBD.

Your game starts on t4. If there's something to blow up with Stop thief, then you'll be able to play 6cc/7cc a turn earlier. t4 Stop thief going first is particularly good because opponent has to deal with t5 6cc Aeon or Viska with 5 resources. t4 Shuriken is also good as it refrains opp from playing more allies which brings you a chance to take back the board more easily with the fatties. Not to mention t4 Aldon after t3 night owl for 4 damage kill.

t5 is for Hasted Raven or AB. You need t5 AB against MS. But Raven is generally better. If you had +1 res from Stop thief, ignore 5cc cards and go straight to 6cc.

Lastly, I need to give some excuses. This deck has inherent weaknesses. Don't expect this deck to beat everyone. But I even love the fact that I lose when I lose. I have no intention to win against every others. I just wanna win nice and feel good. If that's what you are also looking for, this is your deck.

Feasible Tweaks

1. Changing number of copies.
    Do what you like the most!

2. Growing Bog-dweller.
    As I said, it eats your crippled unique allies to let you play brand new one in hand.

3. Brax Soldier
    Solid choice.

4. Anarchic Looting
    If you want!

5. Stand Firm
    ...maybe.

I'm willing to answer any question, but please play this deck first (can even be against AI). You will be able to see why the deck is how it is by p actually playing it.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Kylt; 06-13-2015 at 06:32 PM.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh this looks great!
    I made similiar decks with Zhanna and Eladwen with only allies + Boardwipes and i have to agree it works fairly well! My curve was lower though and i used TO for draw... I think I will try this

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I dont see oliver fagin. Any reason for that? Maybe he will have only 3 atk but still steals one ally.
    Hi color would be brown or something...
    Crusader of new Virtues
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    I dont see oliver fagin. Any reason for that? Maybe he will have only 3 atk but still steals one ally.
    Yeah actually Oliver is .... more than needed in such deck of fatties as he is strongest fatty in game for me.

No one talked about draw.. wierd.

-1 spell eater -3 ss

+4 igg ??
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by egatemi View Post
    Yeah forgot to mention about him. You are right that he only gets 3atk most of the time but his bounce ability is pretty useful.

If I were to put Oliver in. I would do..
    +1 shuriken
    +2 Brax soldier
    +2 Oliver

-2 AB
    -1 Eriss
    -1 stop thief
    -1 viska

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love the deck
    i think AB is still very needed so not sure i will drop that
    i would defintely add 2 Fagin (i think i will drop 1 Aeon, 1 Nathan)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by segalion View Post
    Love the deck
    i think AB is still very needed so not sure i will drop that
    i would defintely add 2 Fagin (i think i will drop 1 Aeon, 1 Nathan)
    I saw your games. You've been winning a lot with this deck!

Would be great if you could share your Nathanias Lance, the lively version you've had a lot of success with in the current meta.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I saw your games. You've been winning a lot with this deck!

Would be great if you could share your Nathanias Lance, the lively version you've had a lot of success with in the current meta.
    Well i did have sucess with it
    took me from the 285 to 300+ (around 302)
    it has it's harder matchups (Aramia or any other mage rush, MS, Victor, Zaladar) but most matchups (including Jeri, Templer Therebin and COF Lance) are decent
    The build is very similar to yours but with the following changes:
    -1 Raven
    -1 Aeon
    -1 Viska
    -1 Nathanias
    -1 Stop thief
    +2 Brax Soldier (Mirror Matches!!!!!)
    +2 Oliver Fagin (Hand over your allies please)
    +1 Anarchic Looting (this is additional draw power)

i even think that 1 additional raven can be replaced with 1 Brax
    Last edited by segalion; 06-17-2015 at 09:32 AM.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great.. now I cannot get the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers theme song out of my head

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So here are my finidings
    This is based on a large number of games (currently ranked 26 at Score) all at the 300 range (i ranged 295-305 from the minute i started playing this which was around 14 of the month)
    First this is the build i used

***HERO***
    Lance Shadowstalker

***Allies (28)***
    4x Aldon the Brave
    4x Night Owl
    3x Raven Wildheart
    2x Braxnorian Soldier
    2x Gaderi Reaver
    3x Aeon Stormcaller
    3x Viska, The Scarlet Blade
    2x Eriss Fateweaver
    3x Nathanias, People's Champion
    2x Oliver Fagin

***Abilities (4)***
    3x Stop, Thief!
    1x Anarchic Looting

***Armors (1)***
    1x Spelleater Bands

***Weapons (6)***
    3x Anklebreaker
    3x Spirit Shuriken

TOTAL: 39 cards + Hero

As Kylt mentioned this build is very low on draw (4 Owl, 3 Nathanias, 1 Looting)
    Important key to remember IMO is to use Stop thief! as soon as you can (even if the object is not important to destroy). This is becuase we want to get to high resource as soon as possible

Matchups:
    Amber: Medium. If you get the Stop thief! at start and Eriss (or sorcerrer) then you are set
    Boris: Medium. you can sac Stop thief! at first but save one for later stages (Dragon tooth or KP). But basically you can make Boris ability redundant when you play so much big allies
    Tala: Meduim/easy - Shurikan , eriss and sorcerrer are key here. Tala without her BF is very easy to handle
    Therebin: Meduim - Stop Thief + Looting to kill his weapons. The fact that after TW we always have a fatty in hand is hurting him real bad once his weapons are not on
    Zhanna: Meduim - Again once you take away her drawing (glass, Staff) and KP, in addtion to lot's of fatties can overwhelm her (priests only have 4 TW and you have lots of fatties)
    Jericho: Meduim - Eriss, and sorcerre to kill his lingering essence and then other attachments. Stop Thief for Incense. Remeber most Jericho's don't carry that much TW
    Lance: Meduim/Hard - Well most Current COF builds can present problems especially when going to Face. Look for brax and hope it sticks
    Serena: Medium/Hard - We are so low on draw that card stealing does not benefit with us
    Garth: Easy - we have to many fatties for him to handle usually
    Aramia: Hard - Rush mages was always hard on Lance, so with high curve it is even harder. Look for Shurikan in beggining, stop thief his guantlet/Tome, try to steal POTL with Oliver and always look for SpellEater
    Eladwen - Very Hard - Same as Aramia except she is less dependent on items (so no additional resources from Stop thief) and has better fatty control
    Nishaven - Medium/Hard - Well i didn't face much of him but since he is a slower mage usually and the fact that your allies has high health make him easier
    Loest: Very Hard - Same as Eladwen except better fatty control + Item control
    Gwen: Easy - She has trouble handle fatties, we have lot's of item D + Eriss/Sorcerer to handle Attachments/Rain Delay
    Victor: Hard - Fatties mean nothing to Vic. With additional stalling tools he is hard to handle. Still since ability charging is slow, you can overwhelm him with fatties (also Brax help with the cats running around)
    Ythan: Medium / Hard - His ability to go through stealth and protector is real bad for us. Still since we have lot's of fatties he has hard time to deal with them. Make sure to put Brax on

Logan: Medium - Item D. + Eriss + Sorcerrer (nothing more to say). Ability charge is slow so his ability to handle your fatties is limited
    Ter Adun: Easy - He has nothing to deal with your fatties so Eriss and sorcerer is overwhelming for him
    Vess: Medium - if he can get all the right attachment/allies at the right time he might win but with less from a perfect drawing he is usually easy for our tools (Eriss again)
    Rothem: Medium/Easy - Like Logan but with slower charging ability and more relient on haste (so Brax)
    Zaladar: Very Hard - like rush mages Zal has always been very hard for Lance. Now although current build has more high health allies that doesn't die easily, with Mind control, zal ability, Shadowvien, Soulbound armour and krygon he simply can get too much damage before we can finish him (also Soul reaper)
    Elemntalist: Hard / very Hard - Sometimes our fatties (Raven) + AB + Shurikan are enough to deal with him, Still current builds with Excalication are super hard to handle
    Praixx - Meduim - we can handle most of the allies Prax put on board and we have enough fatties to play them and finish the match. Even with a more larger builds, we have enough allies that we can finish the game with
    Majia: Hard - The harder of the 3 shadow mages, builds that are more rush oriented present same problems as rush humans, still low rush ability for Shadow in general make it easier
    Gravebone: Medium - Shurikan (AB) + Raven can kill gravebone assualt
    Raikka: Meduim - Due to more ally dependent she is easier then Maj. Put Brax on and you pretty much killed her
    Baduruu: Hard - Resource D builds are a pain for our big curve Lance. We have to look for our opening to use Stop thief and then start poppoing Fatties. Regular builds (Vince, Undead, ravager) are easier although Vince build with the perfect draw they can be a real pain (MA, hasted Cat, etc`)
    Banebow: Easy - BB always had trouble to deal with Fatties so this build is a nightmare for him
    Skervox: Medium - Haven't faced many but his ability to stop board completley can harm us. Still since he has problems to deal with lot's of fatties, just pop them out and use ability only when really needed
    Moonstalker: Very Hard - This is as close to auto loose as we can get. Wulven builds are almost auto loose. Undead builds are easier but still hard. our best chances is if opponent get's over confident and makes mistakes. Millstalker is probably the easiest and may be considered as Autowin
    Darkclaw: Easy - Same as Gwen, destroy items, remove attachments/Rain delay, and put fatties on board
    Bloodfang: Meduim - Slow Charging ability + raven (to "cripple" his fatties) makes him managable

To Conclude This build has some bad matchups (Zal, MS, Rush Mages) and all others are Meduim to easy