Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need advice for Skervox Ravager

Hi everybody!

First of all, I apologize for my bad english. I'll try to do the fewer mistakes I can.

I am looking for some advice to play with Skervox. Currently I play with ravagers tribe, with the following deck:

Skervox

4x Ironhide Karash
    2x Rapacious Vermin
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    3x Ravager Zealot
    2x Voracious Arachnid
    4x Murderous Hulk
    3x Thriss Demolitionist

4x Hunter's Gambit
    3x The Perfect Shot
    3x Oblisk of Echoes
    3x Wrath of the Forest

I am standing around 270 but I think with some adjustments and if I play better with it I can improve my rating. That's why your advice are greatly expected!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi there. I've only recently gotten back into the game, so my knowledge of the meta is non-existent, but from what I know, maybe consider replacing Ironhide Karash with Spitfire Hounds. The hounds seem to have better synergy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck looks really good. I would consider to drop Voracious Arachnid and add Spitfire Hound, as well as trying Vision of Endia instead of The Perfect Shot

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First ravager need items of their own to destroy

I would add mantle cuz it'll add the 1 turn kill factor to your deck. +2

Loom of fate will add a secondary draw and give spitfire and zealot a target +2

Next I would add the spitfire to the deck +3

Finally we need to get back closer to 40 cards

I would minus karash he is nice but doesn't fit the theme -4

Also arachnid for the same reason -2

Hope those help

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for your replies!

Actually I did some changes to this deck and it is now more consistent. I give you the last one:

Skervox

4x Ironhide Karash
    2x Rapacious Vermin
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    3x Ravager Zealot
    2x Morbid Acolyte
    4x Murderous Hulk
    2x Thriss Demolitionist
    2x Grimjaw Hydra

4x Hunter's Gambit
    3x The Perfect Shot
    3x Obelisk of Echoes
    4x Thriss Almanac
    4x Wrath of the Forest

I tried many things and I made some conclusions (that can be wrong):

- I prefer IK rather than Spitfire Hound because it is a bigger ally on the board before I put Cleric. If I use Spitfire ability on turn 2 I spoil one of my item before Cleric is on the board.

- Cleric is an good turn 3 because of his high health and is passive abilty.

- Morbid acolyte : i feel the need of another high health ally on turn 3. His ability allows to deal with ally with stealth ( Moonstalker ) or Sandworm.

- Zealot : a great ally who can trigger Cleric abilty. His haste could be very helpful.

- Vermin : an item destructor when your opponent don't use allies, nice to remove crippling blow.

- Hulk : may be my more important ally: igh healt, nice ability. His cost fits well with Servox ability : if I don't have board control I use my hero ability to protect him and make 2+2 damage ( or 4+4 with Thriss Almanach).

- Thriss Demolitionist : big ally with an item destructor ability

- Grimja Hydra : I add him because I was in trouble with Sandworm or Fortified Wisp but i don't use his ability often. Can be fine against weapon based heroes.

- Hunter Gambit : a nice draw card to trigger zealot. Nice synergy with The Perfect Shot.

- The Perfect Shot : I prefer it to Vision of Endia because it is better when you don't have board control. Synergize well with HG.

- Obelisk of heroes : a cheap item that can destroy 2 regardless of cost. Useless against solo heros but can trigger Zealot.

- Thriss Almanach : boost your allies and can be use as a mini supernova when destroy : nice vs small allies or Moonstalker. When you also active Serkox ability, you do 4 damages to all oppenent allies.

- Wrath of the Forest : my second source of draw. Game could be difficult when it is destroyed. It is also too expensive to trigger Zealot ability. Maybe I can change and use Loom of Fate instead.

The principe of this deck is to keep control of the board and attack hero only when the board his clear. This deck is better in low tempo games because of Servox ability and low base attack of the ravager tribe.

I have played only this deck since the new month and for the first time i reached the 300 ranking (first time to me). I know it is just the second day and this rank can change quickly so I don't want to modify it before i know exactly what is its values. But I keep some possible change in the future:

- Remove Wrath of the Forest and use Loom of Fates instead.

- Remove Hydra and may be add some Spitfire.

Again thanks for you reply and I would be happy if you have another tip or question.
    Last edited by Fenelon; 07-02-2015 at 11:34 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nice work, Fenelon. I see you're at 313 now!

I predict many will be watching your replays to learn even more from you.

Have you ever tried Cleric's Mantle in the deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No i didn't try Cleric Mantle but I don't think it is good in that deck for some reasons. I believe that Thriss Almanac is more flexible : it can boost all my allies, have no durability, makes damanges when is detroyed. The other reason is even if I play ravager tribe, I don't often destroy item so Mantle ability could be hard to use. But I think try a deck with Ter Adun I saw in the forum where it is an important card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regarding Spitfire Hound, I don't think it's really a T2 card. It seems to be more of a low cost supplement to something like Cleric on T4, and when played in conjunction with Gambit on T4, you can dish out massive damage while drawing cards. And I imagine that with Skervox's ability, you won't really need to rush the T2 play because he can easily eliminate most swarms that come out on T1 or T2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I changed this deck recently and I think I have improved it. Most of the change were suggested in this topic. I should have listened you sooner guys!

The most important change was to add Spitfire Hound. It is so good to keep the board control early: good with all these Aramia! I keep Ironhide Karash on T2, so I remove Acolyt and Hydra.

The second important change was to remove Wrath of the Forest. This armor is not realiable, opponent destroy it easily and I was often in draw trouble because ravager tribe need many cards to be efficient. I add loom of fate, another artefact that can trigger Zealot and Spitfire abilities.

I also add Cleric Mantle. It was first to remove negative effect on my Thriss Demolitionnist (Voice of winter, Skervox) but it offer very interesting combo that can be useful against solo hero. It is so fun when you do 26 damage at Jericho in the same turn.

I have replaced Perfect Shot by Vision of Endia but it isn't very important. So my new deck is:

Skervox

4x Ironhide Karash
    4x Spitfire Hound
    2x Rapacious Vermin
    4x Cleric of the Asyn
    3x Ravager Zealot
    3x Murderous Hulk
    3x Thriss Demolitionist

4x Loom of Fate
    4x Hunter's Gambit
    3x Vision of Endia
    3x Obelisk of Echoes
    3x Thriss Almanac
    2x Cleric's Mantle

I will take some time to present you some interesting matchup.