Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ummm.... what just happened with my rating?!

I just won while going down quite a bit in rating and didn't gain any exp......

My match history even supports the confusion.

it says 2 hours ago I won a match against a rating 188 while being rated 109, now my next game, a half hour ago I won against a rating 58 as a rating 90? and am now rated 105? whilst before the match i was rated at 134, and I didn't gain any experience either, I didn't check gold or anything.

What exactly happened?
    "Anesthetize the Living so the Living stay Alive."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well that sounds akward indeed...
    Maybe someone of the DT could check that?

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    If you tell me your in-game name, I can look up your account and investigate. I'm off out for a couple of hours now though, so it would be later today.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ingame name TravisNJ , you can see it right in my match history. confused the hell out of me lol.
    Last edited by Gondorian; 06-08-2015 at 06:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    Ingame name TravisNJ , you can see it right in my match history. confused the hell out of me lol.
    Hi. I edited out your email for your privacy, btw.

I looked up your account and there's two games on there that are showing up with no length and a disconnect. Can you remember starting any that you either quit on the first turn or had the app crash for you? Those two losses are what made your rating go down. The question is why are they there? Your answers will help determine that. Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my match history it shows them as victorys.... my opponets disconnected as soon as I had a good advantage, so, in my match history I have one loss and that was in my first game ever. It was a meltdown loss no less. I could take a screen shot and show you that it shows me victories. Also, you can watch them can you not? the victory over the 188 took me up to rank 134 then suddenly i go into the next game as a rank 90? I mean, I know its a pittance but, these kind of things are what alienate customers. I'm intent on investing time into this game and this is a making me afraid to even play another rated game. What if they dc again, I get the victory get award 200 exp I don't get, and lose rating again?

Heck in the last game you can clearly see that I'm at 28 hp, hes at 12 and I have a full board, then I get a victory with nothing and a rating loss, I really don't understand. Does this happen often?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What Gondorian means is that games which end before Turn 4 are not shown in your history.
    Can you remember that you maybe started to play some games and you disconnected right at the beginning/ forgot you started them?(Happens to me sometimes)

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi1230 View Post
    What Gondorian means is that games which end before Turn 4 are not shown in your history.
    Can you remember that you maybe started to play some games and you disconnected right at the beginning/ forgot you started them?(Happens to me sometimes)

^ Or...start a match and realize it's a bad match-up and decide to quit it (which I sometimes do), then rating does take a hit, but isn't part of match history listing. That's our punishment for trying to cherry-pick match ups. Not saying that's what happened in your case, but just something to have a heads-up about in the event you didn't disconnect...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    naw, i honestly havent had one match last less then t4, i assume they can check that, they have to have more specific views of our matches then we do. so,i would think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Between Alugard and RS Ohi2, there were these 2 games that didn't go anywhere - maybe it was double press of Battle button by accident that put you into 2 games at the same time and the system somehow made you lose both. You won't see them in your history because they are too short.

I've reported the issue to our lead developer. I hope there's a server fix that can be done to prevent this because it seems to happen to a lot of people (either paired against themselves or paired with someone and left stuck waiting in another or paired with 2 different people, like you have been). I'm really sorry about this. In the mean time, be very careful to only hit Battle once. Maybe you double-clicked it?