Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Durfs View Post
    Kyle, the price of foil cards is excessive.
    Most serious players want to foil out their entire deck, but this is around $200 (40 x $5 = $200 + Hero = $205).
    These players have all the cards, but lack the sufficient cash to spend on foils. While most of the other players that log into shadow era once in a while to "play for fun" simply purchase a foil hero for their deck. I presume the serious players ages range from 20 and above, while the "play for fun" players ages range from 5 yrs old to 19.
    If you keep the ages in mind; the lower age group is less likely to spend cash on foiling out their deck, but one hero foil at $5 is ok (many don't have jobs and ask parents, many parents refuse to spend cash on a computer game), where as the higher age group receives income from a job or other resources and wouldn't mind spending a moderate amount of cash on foiling out their decks.

----Has the company thought of taking another approach to bring in revenue, other than the $5 every foil card?----
    Why not $5 for hero foils and $1-$1.50 for other foils?
    The serious players would then spend either $45 (40 x $1 + $5 hero) or $65 (40 x $1.50 + $5 hero) dollars to foil out their decks and depending on how many heroes are foiled out, multiply that number, if 2 decks are foiled out, that is $90 or $130.
    Also, the less serious players may be more inclined to scrounge up cash through various laborious activities to purchase a foiled out deck.

Although this is all speculation, not once have I encountered a player with a foiled out deck, but I certainly have heard many players dream of having one. A more reasonable price would allow some players dreams to come true.
    Wulven need money. Don't tell them to ask for less than they already have
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Wulven need money. Don't tell them to ask for less than they already have

Through in game observation I have noticed that many players have only a few, if any foil cards in their decks, the obvious reason is due to the price of them. Why would players spend $5 on a single foil card when the majority of players would want to foil all their cards? It is just like card playing IRL, serious players ultimately want an all foil deck to show off, but the noobs just want the card and could care less about it being a foil card. (<--- The noobs just want to complete their deck first, but after completion, ascetic appeal follows).
    If less players are purchasing foil cards due to the price, then lower the price to raise revenue. At a lower price more people will buy and increase revenue.
    A lower price does not always result in losses when consumption increases.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Indeed. But we went the route of offering the Premium Foil Packs (guaranteed 5 foils for 500SC) and also bundle deals like the Summer one that ends today, as well as offering Foil Packs and Prize Packs as prizes in tournaments and for season performance. If you're aiming to collect enough foil cards for a full-foil deck, it's never been more cost-effective to do so.

p.s. People who help in the PFG also earn pick-a-card rewards for their contributions that they can use on foils if they wish.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Through in game observation I have noticed that many players have only a few, if any foil cards in their decks, the obvious reason is due to the price of them. Why would players spend $5 on a single foil card when the majority of players would want to foil all their cards? It is just like card playing IRL, serious players ultimately want an all foil deck to show off, but the noobs just want the card and could care less about it being a foil card. (<--- The noobs just want to complete their deck first, but after completion, ascetic appeal follows).
    If less players are purchasing foil cards due to the price, then lower the price to raise revenue. At a lower price more people will buy and increase revenue.
    There are not enough players interested in buying full foil decks for it to increase dramatically, and I personally believe it would lower revenue. Tricks like that work better on companies which are already big
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Considering how well SE allows grinding I would say foils should always remain a fairly precious resource.
    IGN: A1 Flibber

signature IG message: "the game has already started"