Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

How can Aramia not be OP?

I am back into QM s**t and I started facing Aramias pretty much like dear old Eladwen... for stupid mage rush Aramia is even stronger and faster. Maybe too strong? It's a doubt I have since Flameforged Gauntlet was buffed, but I couldn't think about it because there weren't so many annoying Aramias around.
    With 9 resources and 3SE Aramia can slap you Fireball+Fireball+Fireball+Boomerang into your face, half HPs are gone and you are usually dead unless Aramia wasn't ablt to deal you other 15 damage before them. Unlikely imho.
    And if you compare her ability to Baduruu's resource acceleration, the most similar one in SE, you can't put them on the same level.

BADU's PROS:
    • he can play weapons without cc restriction
    • he gives +1 attack
    ARAMIA's PROS:
    • she can also play armors and items
    • she draws 1 card
    • she draws the card you want
    • she spends 1 less SE
    • she can cast Fireball, while Badu has Flaming Arrow

All in all, Aramia > Baduruu. If you had to choose one of them in meltdown Aramia all the way.

So I toss it in, does she need some kind of nerf instead of dealing with Confluence of Fate and Embers of Just? Maybe she was the balancing issue with Aetherborn Wisp; while now if she can start spamming fire damage with gauntlet you are 99% dead when going second and maybe not that safe even when going first.
    It's not something that you couldn't do with Eladwen, and Aramia suffers Elad's bad matchups as well. But if you want to give a stupid deck to a stupid noob and let him win now you have a nice option with Aramia, even better than Amber. At least if Amber doesn't draw weapons or Blood Frenzy she's in trouble, while Aramia must draw a weapon or draw engine.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Baduruu and Aramia are not really comparable. Baduruu requires the card in hand to play. Aramia casts the item for free. This is a pretty big distinction when considering cost, value, and consistency of the ability.

Playing 3 fireballs for 9 resources is nothing new. Unless you're trying to assert that fireball is OP. There are a lot of things that can do 12 damage with 3 cards.
    Aramia using ability on boomerang for 3se is 2 damage. In all cases this is a weak ability use. Compare to Banebow 3se for 4. Aramia requires putting that card in deck, does half the damage, and doesn't go through armour.

The only possible case you can make for the current Aramia rush deck in QMs being OP is by making the case that gauntlets are OP. 3se for 4 draw/damage reduction. The only requirement is that gauntlets must be added to deck. By comparison, Majiya's ability costs 4se and does 3 damage and 1 draw. Clearly, Aramia using ability on gauntlet is far superior to Majiya's ability.

A small adjustment to gauntlets could be warranted, but 3 fireballs + boomerang is not a good case Aramia OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aramia isn't a thing if you put enough heal cards in deck, or, put 4 spelleaters+ 4 Lily
    Flameforged is easy to deal with if you run weapons.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Aramia isn't a thing if you put enough heal cards in deck, or, put 4 spelleaters+ 4 Lily
    Flameforged is easy to deal with if you run weapons.
    Heal makes it a fair fight in my experience, not an easy win. If you need 4 SEB and Lilly to beat Aramia consistently then she is OP.

As far as the original post, I'm not sure I get the baduruu comparison. Maybe comparing to majiyas old ability is better? Used to be 2se draw a card. Now Aramia uses 3se and usually gets 2 cards or more plus damage reduction, and the option to do 2 direct damage instead.

I also don't think having to include gauntlets in the deck is a big disadvantage because every time Aramia pulls one it essentially decreases deck size and increases the chance of drawing important cards like fireball.

If she never draws gauntlets (lucky, I'll admit) then she is essentially using 35 cards plus hero and her ability is drawing 1-3 cards for 2se. To me this sounds like old majiya with 30 card decks and 1 draw for 2se.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Pandev was referring to the casting cost not applying to both Aramia and Baduruu. Same goes for Bloodfang but Aramia is different from both since she can pull the card from her deck..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can watch AP Sappy climb up the ladder this season to 370 using only Pyramia.
    Either Sappy or Aramia might be OP, I'll let you decide which one should be considered for a nerf ;-)

I agree that Gauntlets' "free" draw makes Aramia burn a bit too consistent. Maybe we should consider decrease its durability to 3?
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fireballs are grossly OP (always). Aramia is not.

...I proposed once that Fireballs should cost 10-resources to cast. I stand by that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    You can watch AP Sappy climb up the ladder this season to 370 using only Pyramia.
    Either Sappy or Aramia might be OP, I'll let you decide which one should be considered for a nerf ;-)

I agree that Gauntlets' "free" draw makes Aramia burn a bit too consistent. Maybe we should consider decrease its durability to 3?
    I can confirm this. Yesterday I only got 5 losses, 1 draw, and about more than 25 wins just with Pyramia alone. The deck is very fluid and fast. And I gotta agree that I think it's Gauntlets that needs to be nerf, not Aramia. Maybe lessen its durability, or bring back the casting cost to 4 so Aramia can't get it.
    Admin of Supreme Legion

Wisdom of Legion
    "We are legion, for we are many"
    IGN: SL Sappy
    Telegram: @SL_Sappy

Time Zone (not the arcade): GMT +8
    Want to join the Supreme Legion? Go here and here

PINOY SE PLAYER?
    Sali ka sa aming Facebook Group
    at paki-like ang aming Facebook page

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In a meta dominated by control, midrange is crap and rush is great.

Brace yourselves, Amber is OP threads coming.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    In a meta dominated by control, midrange is crap and rush is great.

Brace yourselves, Amber is OP threads coming.
    In a world of super-efficient draw engines and really bad removal, I wouldn't say that Control has any sort of advantage against anything (although I suppose Jericho is maybe an exception to that).