Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Classic Lance vs CoF FOTM

I don't claim to be good and don't have a very high rating (~250-260)

This video is my Classic Lance deck that everyone would say is a low tier deck vs the new flavor of month Confluence of Fate Lance.
    I've never uploaded a video before to Youtube so it might be laggy and YT made me edit some songs out so the new ones are scratchy. Play it with mute if possible.

https://youtu.be/6BQ9cbsn9kw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any person with a college degree within the field of science would tell you that your hypothesis lacks substantial support in the form of repeatable results.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any person with a college degree will tell you that forming a conclusion on an untested hypotheses will get you laughed out of school. We can always repeat said matches, no?

On topic, what hypotheses did I put forth? Your assessment of my video seems to be incorrect.
    Last edited by Sicklesigh; 05-29-2015 at 05:29 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't get the wannabe smart talk but classic lance is good control but falls short to Serena and Garth. He's not low tier but sadly he can be shut down by the likes of Braxonian Soldier which kills off his tempo.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    classic lance is good control but falls short to Serena and Garth. He's not low tier but sadly he can be shut down by the likes of Braxonian Soldier which kills off his tempo.
    True, and also I feel that Lance can't even compete vs a real tempo deck. Like compare to tempo maijya or zaladar.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Classic Lance is one of the best decks I know. Coercion gives him a new way to deal with Braxnorian Soldier.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicklesigh View Post
    On topic, what hypotheses did I put forth? Your assessment of my video seems to be incorrect.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not post that video to suggest that classic Lance is, in the very least, the same tier as CoF Lance?
    If not then please explain to me your true intentions.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but did you not post that video to suggest that classic Lance is, in the very least, the same tier as CoF Lance?
    If not then please explain to me your true intentions.
    My intention was to show it's possible for a deck that is perceived as lower tier, regardless if it is or not can be used effectively. I enjoy making and playing unorthodox decks in general that others would never consider using. Lance has been my main deck for a long time now, he has never been that popular especially with Garth showing up. So the influx of CoF Lance decks made me curious if I should make the switch or stay the course.

I may not be top tiered in ranking or anything like that, but I don't care. The video was made so I would have an answer whether to switch or not, uploading it to youtube was an afterthought as I fraps everything, and wanted to show my friend who just started playing. I fully concede Garth, Serena, and CoF Lance are better. I also play a Templar ally Jericho deck and the new Shadow Hunter with disable, so I am used to playing "bad" decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance isn't "bad" or "low tier" though .__. He's a B rank if we were to catergorize him. There's nothing unorthodox or strange about him its a good solid deck but there's just better options this meta.
    (He was also the rogue hero of choice in DP days ofc and even with Garth it doesn't make him a bad hero at all.)
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 05-31-2015 at 09:34 AM.
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown