Hey guys,

Just did a reinstall of XP on my laptop that was running Ubuntu previously. I downloaded the SE installer v. 2.9051, and everything works fine except my cards look sort of washed out. It's not the normal greyed-out-because-you-can't-use-it, either. It's only the cards as well, because the map, portraits, menus and Loest's tutorial stuff all look the appropriate brightness/color quality.

The weird thing is, I installed Ubuntu on another partition, and running SE through WINE, everything looks normal so I can rule out a bum display. I checked my drivers for the on-board video, that looks OK. Everything else that I've done so far has the proper "look" to it; it's only SE that's giving me problems. Also, my desktop runs the updated version fine without the funky appearance.

I tried the web client, and those cards are all faded as well. Is this just a hitch in this version? Or did I screw something up? I mean, I don't mind booting into Ubuntu, but I went back to XP for how much of my stuff just works with it instead of using workarounds like WINE. In addition to SE, I play Tekken Card Tournament which requires Unity (so Linux is a no-go), and Hearthstone (which works via PlayOnLinux) but again, workarounds are starting to get to me and I just want things to function.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.